Jump to content

Photo

Letterpress Invitations


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KWandCM

KWandCM
  • Jr. Member
  • 189 posts

    Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

    Hi Ladies,

     

    I was wondering if any of you were considering using letterpress invitations? I haven't been able to find too many destination wedding brides who went that route so I was just curious. If you did use them, please feel free to share them here! And if you're going to, or aren't, tell us why or why not... :) 

     

    One of the benefits of having a small wedding is that I don't need as many invites, favors, etc. so I can spend a little more on each of them even though I'm on a pretty tight budget. I think that letterpress invitations would be amazing if I can swing it!



    #2 lorcas

    lorcas
    • Jr. Member
    • 297 posts

      Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

      I am most definitely considering letterpress invites. Doing my own STDs, but for the formal invite I'm thinking of getting them professionally printed, with my design.



      #3 KWandCM

      KWandCM
      • Jr. Member
      • 189 posts

        Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

        Originally Posted by lorcas 

        I am most definitely considering letterpress invites. Doing my own STDs, but for the formal invite I'm thinking of getting them professionally printed, with my design.

         

        Good to know that there is at least one other letterpress lover here! I just think they are so elegant and special. 



        #4 lorcas

        lorcas
        • Jr. Member
        • 297 posts

          Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

          Originally Posted by KWandCM 

           

          Good to know that there is at least one other letterpress lover here! I just think they are so elegant and special. 

           

          Oh they are! I am a graphic designer, so letterpress has a big spot in my heart haha



          #5 KWandCM

          KWandCM
          • Jr. Member
          • 189 posts

            Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

            Originally Posted by lorcas 

             

            Oh they are! I am a graphic designer, so letterpress has a big spot in my heart haha

             

            That is awesome! I know that they don't get talked about too much here... wonder why?



            #6 lorcas

            lorcas
            • Jr. Member
            • 297 posts

              Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

              Originally Posted by KWandCM 

               

              That is awesome! I know that they don't get talked about too much here... wonder why?

               

              Probably because a lot of brides are DIYing their invites. Letterpress can be done on your own, but it's a lot harder! :)



              #7 BeckaThomas

              BeckaThomas
              • Newbie
              • 21 posts

                Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

                Originally Posted by KWandCM 

                Hi Ladies,

                 

                I was wondering if any of you were considering using letterpress invitations? I haven't been able to find too many destination wedding brides who went that route so I was just curious. If you did use them, please feel free to share them here! And if you're going to, or aren't, tell us why or why not... :) 

                 

                One of the benefits of having a small wedding is that I don't need as many invites, favors, etc. so I can spend a little more on each of them even though I'm on a pretty tight budget. I think that letterpress invitations would be amazing if I can swing it!


                I'm very impressed (no pun intended) with the letterpress concept. We're in the middle of a cross-country move, but as soon as we're settled in the new house, I'm going to buy a letterpress machine and get cracking on my designs. There's a bride on here, Sarah Wu, who did her own letterpress work. It's absolutely stunning. That's where I got the info on the machine. If you're looking to do it on a budget, I'd follow her lead... in fact, I plan to. I'm new to the posting thing so I don't know how to link, but if you search DIY Letterpress on the BDW search bar, hers will come up near the top. Good Luck!!



                #8 KWandCM

                KWandCM
                • Jr. Member
                • 189 posts

                  Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

                  Originally Posted by lorcas 

                   

                  Probably because a lot of brides are DIYing their invites. Letterpress can be done on your own, but it's a lot harder! :)

                   

                  Very true! We're a crafty bunch. I'm DIY'ing a lot of my wedding... but not this part. :) 

                   

                  Originally Posted by BeckaThomas 


                  I'm very impressed (no pun intended) with the letterpress concept. We're in the middle of a cross-country move, but as soon as we're settled in the new house, I'm going to buy a letterpress machine and get cracking on my designs. There's a bride on here, Sarah Wu, who did her own letterpress work. It's absolutely stunning. That's where I got the info on the machine. If you're looking to do it on a budget, I'd follow her lead... in fact, I plan to. I'm new to the posting thing so I don't know how to link, but if you search DIY Letterpress on the BDW search bar, hers will come up near the top. Good Luck!!

                   

                  Thanks for sharing that! Sarah's is beautiful... you are right! I just love how charming letterpress is. It manages to look so vintage and elegant. I think it is amazing that you are going to do it yourself! I hope you will keep us up to date on how it goes. It sounds like quite a project!

                   

                  I got very lucky and found someone who is expanding her wedding design line for letterpress invitations and is offering me a ridiculously good deal in exchange for 1) trying out one of her new designs and 2) letting her use images of my invites on her website and in promotional materials. She's been fantastic to work with and I'm so excited to see how they come out!! That's the other thing about letterpress.. it takes awhile. :)



                  #9 BeckaThomas

                  BeckaThomas
                  • Newbie
                  • 21 posts

                    Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

                    It'll be a bit before I get started, but I will most definitely post pics of all my DIY undertakings. I have a feeling there will be a lot of them.
                     






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users