Cocktail hour - pass?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 lorcas

lorcas
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 

We aren't having a cocktail hour. We are using the "non-traditional wedding" excuse to cut out a lot of things. Along with cutting the cocktail hour we are only having a three hour reception-no extensions. Our families seem to be okay with the "non-traditional" aspects so far. It probably helps if people know ahead of time.

Good to know! I'll probably add some detail on the wedding website so people aren't surprised when there isn't one! Haha

#12 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
    • Site Supporter
    • 229 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

I think I'm just going to send my guests to one of the bars at the resort :) I won't mention it's not private!! Lol. I like the non-traditional approach too!

#13 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
      • 255 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

We opted to not have a cocktail hour and ended up using the time between the ceremony and reception (2-7pm) for photos. It would have been an additional cost of $1000. I did not see the point when guests had the option to go to a restaurant/buffet if they wanted. 

#14 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
        • 381 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:07 AM

Our resort allows credits for items unused items in the same category. Because we aren't having a cocktail hour, we are using a credit of close to $700 for our reception. That credit will cover the plates for additional guest not included in the package. Check with your resort to see if you have the option to do this! Even though it was included in our package, we felt as though it would be better spent on the plates. Couldn't justify paying for drinks when they are free a few steps away just for the sake of saying we had a cocktail hour.

#15 lorcas

lorcas
          • 297 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by RNtoBe 

We opted to not have a cocktail hour and ended up using the time between the ceremony and reception (2-7pm) for photos. It would have been an additional cost of $1000. I did not see the point when guests had the option to go to a restaurant/buffet if they wanted. 

Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 

Our resort allows credits for items unused items in the same category. Because we aren't having a cocktail hour, we are using a credit of close to $700 for our reception. That credit will cover the plates for additional guest not included in the package. Check with your resort to see if you have the option to do this!

Even though it was included in our package, we felt as though it would be better spent on the plates. Couldn't justify paying for drinks when they are free a few steps away just for the sake of saying we had a cocktail hour.

This is exactly what I was thinking! Good, now I don't feel so bad about not having a cocktail hour :)

Thanks ladies!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users