Photo

Covering a tattoo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StephLB

StephLB
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

Has anybody covered a tattoo for their wedding? I have a black tattoo on my back that I love.... But won't really look great under the style of dress I want (lace back) any ideas or suggestions? I don't want make-up that will rub off or anything.

#2 sarakelz

sarakelz
    • 34 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 30, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Akumal Beach, Mexico
    • LocationGrand Bahia Principe Coba

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

I am in the same boat as you!
    I am needing to cover 2 large tattoos on my shoulder blades for my wedding.
    I asked a friend who works in the cosmetic dept @ shoppers drug mart and she is going to send me some instructions and samples to try it out over the summer before my wedding in January.

i will be sure to let you know how it all works....... also let me know if you find any good solutions! :)

#3 StephLB

StephLB
    • 171 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

Thank you :) The only thing I've found so far is airbrushed makeup. But that would be expensive, so I'll only go that route if I can't find a good DIY route.

#4 SkyHighT100

SkyHighT100
      • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

I was at Sephora yesterday to find my color of foundation. While I was there a girl came in who was on her way to a modeling shoot and was told absolutely NO tattoos. She had paw prints on the front of her upper legs that were black. The Sephora clerk took a highlighting pencil and went over the tattoo to lighten it up some. Then she went over to a tattoo coverup makeup by KatVonD called "Lock It Tattoo Foundation" it came in lots of shades just like normal foundation. She brushed this on over the tattoo and blended it, like magic the tattoos were gone! It was truely amazing to watch.

#5 krisdaversa

krisdaversa
        • 308 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
        • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SkyHighT100 

I was at Sephora yesterday to find my color of foundation. While I was there a girl came in who was on her way to a modeling shoot and was told absolutely NO tattoos. She had paw prints on the front of her upper legs that were black. The Sephora clerk took a highlighting pencil and went over the tattoo to lighten it up some. Then she went over to a tattoo coverup makeup by KatVonD called "Lock It Tattoo Foundation" it came in lots of shades just like normal foundation. She brushed this on over the tattoo and blended it, like magic the tattoos were gone! It was truely amazing to watch.

Great to know, thanks so much! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users