Photo

THE ROYAL BRIDES: reception dinner options, cake .. HELP

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Kelly718

Kelly718
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

Hi guys, just wondering what all The Royal brides chose for the dinner options ( entrees) cake etc? I'm on the fence. Elsa said we can pick TWO, but i have to be responsible for the correct placement of the food cards.

#2 deniden

deniden
    • Site Supporter
    • 355 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
    • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

We did Chicken Casablanca stuffed with Seafood and Beef Filet with Herbs & Dijon sauce. I also had 1 Vegetarian meal, which was Linguine with Tomato Sauce. Our side was Carmelized Sweet Potatoes, and our salad was Spinach Souffle. Also, because I didn't want a dessert to be served in addition to our wedding cake, I asked if we could have a soup instead, which was fine - we got Princess Cream Soup. All of the food was really good and the guests enjoyed it all.

Our cake was Tres Leches. I lovvvved it!

#3 safety75

safety75
    • 287 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

I have to pick ours by Friday and I am really struggling!  I'm thinking of doing the beef medallion as one choice and then the fettucini with seafood as the other. I think we are doing the mediterannean salad.  I am contemplating doing a soup instead of dessert since we will have cake.  For the cake, I went with Tres Leches.  It's hard b/c I know many people coming like simple food and half the stuff I don't know what it is lol.  

#4 Kelly718

Kelly718
      • 58 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Thanks guys for your input!! I didnt know what half the stuff was either so i googled almost every dinner option.

#5 safety75

safety75
        • 287 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

I asked my coordinator specific questions about what certain dishes were and how they were cooked and that was help. Im so glad I did bc I was going to get the fettuccini with seafood but then asked what seafood was in it and she said squid, mussels and shrimp so I nixed that. She also sent me pics of some of the food and that was helpful. I also asked her which were most popular and favorites and agai this was helpful. I am going with a beet and chicken entree to keep it simple. I figure almost everyone likes one of those. I have one vegetarian going and they will provide a vegetarian meal for her. Hope this helps.

#6 safety75

safety75
          • 287 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Please excuse my typos-- I type awful on my iPad!

#7 Kelly718

Kelly718
            • 58 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

hahaha don't worry about it, i type so fast that I'm often hitting the backspace more then any other button.

I'm going to be calling our WC tomorrow. Which beef option did she say was more popular the

Beef Medallion au Green Pepper or Beef Fillet Tournedo au Mustard ?  I was thinking for the chicken dish

Chicken Breast Maria Luisa . I'm going to ask about Cesar salad instead if that's a no I'm thinking capres salad, as I'm allergic to seafood and most options were seafood geared.

For the soup I'm thinking minestrone or the tuscan cream. I'm a little nervous about the minestrone, i stayed in Cancun last year at the RIU palace and the minestone i ordered came out green, def not the norm here!

#8 Kelly718

Kelly718
              • 58 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

I havent thought about the garish... looking at the menu is making me hungry!

#9 safety75

safety75
                • 287 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

She didn't really say which was more popular but I went with the one with green peppers, roasted potatoes and veggies.  For the chicken I went with Chicken Fantasy b/c she said it was a popular one.  She also said the coconut shrimp was popular.  Let me know what they say about the ceasar salad. I picked the mediterranean salad but she said the caprese is popular too.  I decided not to do a soup b/c it's going to be so hot and I don't care for cream soups so we are doing the chocolate glory for desert and then tres leches wedding cake.  

#10 Kelly718

Kelly718
                  • 58 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

So i spoke with Elsa today....we are able to have Cesar salad $2 more pp. All you have to do is send an email to your WC asking for the Cesar salad and she will prob send you back an email saying they can do that for $2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users