• 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

hi CA! 

etsy seller

Hi Allie, 

Thanks for sharing a lovely picture from your wedding day! :)

Where did your purchase your flowers from? Afloral? 

How much were they,if you don't mind my asking? 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#12 CAKnight

CAKnight
  • 197 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 11, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Key West, FL

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Hi Allie! :) 

It is a small world indeed! Orlando is actually my adopted home because I attended UCF. I LOVE it here! 

hi CA! 

etsy seller KateSaidYes designed and put them together for me based on my inspiration.  she was wonderful to work with! My bouquet was $120, each corsage (3 flowers) was $14 and each bout (2 flowers) was $10 each. arranging flowers has never been a skill I've had, and I was scared to death to attempt it on my own for my wedding. 

in the small world category - Orlando (area) is my hometown! 

#13 MMK0386

MMK0386
  • 367 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 28, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya, MX
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:53 AM

By premade...I meant made ahead of time! Sorry about that! As in you create them before your trip through a labor of love, then transport them to your destination. love.gif  In my opinion it's one less thing to have to worry about....I think I might be a little disappointed if the vision for my wedding bouquet was lost in translation!  angry.gif

Gotcha! Yeah I totally agree about one less thing to worry about, etc. Plus, like you said- if the vision you had got lost in translation that would be disappointing.

#14 Jennypert

Jennypert
  • Site Supporter
  • 225 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 6, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • LocationChicago suburbs

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

You might want to check out Water Me Not flowers. I found the link on another forum. They were beautiful and the owner only does custom, made to order bouquets. Thanks for the tips on how to transport the bouquets.

#15 CAKnight

CAKnight
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Just checked her out. She seems to do a lot of peacock items! Are they what's hot right now? (Did I miss the memo?) 

I love her white orchid comb...too bad that isn't my flower! lol

Originally Posted by Jennypert 

You might want to check out Water Me Not flowers. I found the link on another forum. They were beautiful and the owner only does custom, made to order bouquets.

Thanks for the tips on how to transport the bouquets.

#16 pmkaraan

pmkaraan
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

I ordered all my flowers from afloral.com and was very pleased with the quality. You can tell they are fake, but not really unless you are right up next to them. I have never done anything with flowers or bouquets before, so honestly I am highly pleased with how these came out! For the price (probably cost me $100 all said and done) you can't beat it! The flowers through my resort were ridiculously high priced, so this was an alternative I decided to try out and I'm really glad I did. I made: 3 bouquets 2 corsages 7 boutineers The purple one in the center is mine and I am going to add a picture of 2 of my brothers that passed away in the charm that is hanging down. Like I said, I am very pleased with these and would definitely suggest afloral.com to any bride that is unsure. It's a huge money saver. :) Happy Planning, ladies! -Megan

Hi Megan. Love your bouquets & boutineers. Great job! Are you making your own centerpieces or are you having flowers? Would love to know your ideas.

#17 CassidyWess

CassidyWess
    • 23 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

These look fabulous! :D

#18 MMK0386

MMK0386
      • 367 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 28, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya, MX
      • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Hi Megan. Love your bouquets & boutineers. Great job! Are you making your own centerpieces or are you having flowers? Would love to know your ideas.

I decided to not do centerpieces that are flowers. I was going to order the purple orchids that are in my bouquet and submerge them in a tall cylinder vase with a floating candle but then I changed my mind and decided to cut costs in a few places and that was one.

#19 CAKnight

CAKnight
      • 197 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

That would be gorgeous! In my option, you can still have them...I would create those centerpieces whenever there is a family dinner. But, that's just more of an excuse to have them because they are so beautiful! lol 

Originally Posted by MMK0386 

I decided to not do centerpieces that are flowers. I was going to order the purple orchids that are in my bouquet and submerge them in a tall cylinder vase with a floating candle but then I changed my mind and decided to cut costs in a few places and that was one.

#20 gresley

gresley
      • 164 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Quite pretty :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users