26 replies to this topic

#1 MMK0386

MMK0386
  • 367 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 28, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya, MX
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

I ordered all my flowers from afloral.com and was very pleased with the quality. You can tell they are fake, but not really unless you are right up next to them. I have never done anything with flowers or bouquets before, so honestly I am highly pleased with how these came out! For the price (probably cost me $100 all said and done) you can't beat it! The flowers through my resort were ridiculously high priced, so this was an alternative I decided to try out and I'm really glad I did.

I made:

3 bouquets

2 corsages

7 boutineers

The purple one in the center is mine and I am going to add a picture of 2 of my brothers that passed away in the charm that is hanging down.

Like I said, I am very pleased with these and would definitely suggest afloral.com to any bride that is unsure. It's a huge money saver. :)

Happy Planning, ladies!

-Megan

#2 CAKnight

CAKnight
  • 197 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 11, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Key West, FL

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

These look awesome! I may have to check this website since I am thinking about doing a significant amount of floral items.

It's crazy how much resorts and WC want to charge for flowers...that I can't even take with me! At least with fake flowers, they are cheap, pre-made (so less stress about someone else creating something I don't like) and I can keep them indefinitely! 

#3 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
  • 413 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
  • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

These turned out great!

I too am thinking about going this route. But its hard to find the flowers and colours I want!

#4 Jennypert

Jennypert
  • Site Supporter
  • 225 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 6, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • LocationChicago suburbs

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

The real touch flowers look great but how are you going to get them to the resort without getting them crushed in your luggage?

Jenny

#5 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

Hi Jenny,

I wrapped my bouquet in tissue paper, and had it in my carry on bag (roller bag) with some other fragile stuff. The bouts & corsages we had were also wrapped in tissue in the same bag. They traveled really well!! I put them in our checked bag on the way back, and they were still not crushed at all. They are pretty resilient! You can see them in the photo below.

The real touch flowers look great but how are you going to get them to the resort without getting them crushed in your luggage?

Jenny

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#6 CAKnight

CAKnight
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Hi Allie, 

Thanks for sharing a lovely picture from your wedding day! :)

Where did your purchase your flowers from? Afloral? 

How much were they,if you don't mind my asking? 

Originally Posted by AllieH 

Hi Jenny,

I wrapped my bouquet in tissue paper, and had it in my carry on bag (roller bag) with some other fragile stuff. The bouts & corsages we had were also wrapped in tissue in the same bag. They traveled really well!! I put them in our checked bag on the way back, and they were still not crushed at all. They are pretty resilient! You can see them in the photo below.

#7 MMK0386

MMK0386
  • 367 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

These look awesome! I may have to check this website since I am thinking about doing a significant amount of floral items. It's crazy how much resorts and WC want to charge for flowers...that I can't even take with me! At least with fake flowers, they are cheap, pre-made (so less stress about someone else creating something I don't like) and I can keep them indefinitely! elefant.gif

Definitely! Mine weren't pre-made, though- just to clarify that. I bought the stems and then made the bouquets and everything. :)

#8 MMK0386

MMK0386
  • 367 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

The real touch flowers look great but how are you going to get them to the resort without getting them crushed in your luggage? Jenny

Jenny- I plan to buy a smallish plastic container and put them in there and then put that in my luggage so they won't get crushed. I wil be carrying on my dress, of course, and we have an almost 2 year old little boy so we are trying to limit our carry on luggage. It's rough to travel with a toddler! Lol

#9 CAKnight

CAKnight
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by MMK0386 

Definitely! Mine weren't pre-made, though- just to clarify that. I bought the stems and then made the bouquets and everything. :)

By premade...I meant made ahead of time! Sorry about that! As in you create them before your trip through a labor of love, then transport them to your destination.  In my opinion it's one less thing to have to worry about....I think I might be a little disappointed if the vision for my wedding bouquet was lost in translation! 

#10 UMassRN007

UMassRN007
  • 230 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

Nice work! I'm thinking of making all of my bouquets and bouts as well. Just trying to decided what types of flowers that I want. Thanks for posting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users