Photo

Reception Disagreement!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CassidyWess

CassidyWess
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

So my fiance' and I are completely opposite on our choice for hosting the reception. He wants an outdoor reception but I would much more prefer an indoor one. Are there any compromises that you can think of that might make us both happy?  :(

#2 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
    • 438 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

maybe you can have cocktail hour outdoors and the rest of the reception indoors. 

#3 KWandCM

KWandCM
      • 189 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

I like Mufin's suggestion. You could also consider doing a reception dinner indoors and then maybe moving it outside for a bonfire or wish lanterns to end the evening? 

#4 UMassRN007

UMassRN007
        • 230 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade
        • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

Where is your wedding location?  We decided to do ours inside because it gets very windy by the beach at night, and if it's not windy, there's mosquitos.....

#5 maridr2012

maridr2012
        • 251 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

See if your resort/venue offers a covered terrace or something that will provide a bit of a feel of both.  This very topic was a huge point of discussion for me and my now husband.  I didn't want outdoors because I was too nervous if there would be inclement weather that would force us to move the reception indoors and my oh so very carefully planned details for the vision of our wedding would all be for nothing, lol.  Keep in mind most venues will have a back-up plan anyway which they'll go thru with you so you don't have to worry about it but I just wanted to know there was one plan that I knew all the details behind and that was it.  We ended up having our ceremony outside at the beach gazebo which we both had agreed upon anyway, and our reception was in a covered terrace with 2 open walls so we still had somewhat of an outdoor feeling.  The "lounge area" for the guests was right by one of the open walls so there was a nice breeze with beautiful palm trees etc just a few feet away and folks could wander out there if they wanted to.  Good luck!

#6 CassidyWess

CassidyWess
          • 23 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

Thanks everyone! Youre replies have helped me work with my fiance' in coming to a conclusion that makes us both happy. :D

#7 CassidyWess

CassidyWess
            • 23 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

*Your

#8 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
              • 174 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mufin1785 

maybe you can have cocktail hour outdoors and the rest of the reception indoors. 

Your idea is a happy medium ... lol

#9 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
                • 174 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by CassidyWess 

Thanks everyone! Youre replies have helped me work with my fiance' in coming to a conclusion that makes us both happy. :D

I'm glad you two were able to work this out :)

#10 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
                  • 174 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mufin1785 

Your idea is a happy medium ... lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users