Punta Cana, when does the sun set?!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MandM2013

MandM2013
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

Hi ladies!

I just had a "panic" moment and wondering if anyone has any feedback to ease my mind! My beach ceremony is scheduled for 4pm end of October and I'm just wondering when the sun may set? I want time for pictures on the beach after the ceremony but am worried I'll run out of daylight!

I did ask the wedding coordinator at the resort when booking and she wasn't very helpful..

I did a quick google search and it stated around 6pm the sun would set, I imagine the ceremony wouldn't be longer then a half hour so that gives us an hour and half of picture time before sun sets.

Thanks!

#2 Mady28

Mady28
    • 164 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 28, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Huracan Cafe
    • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hey,

I'm having the same problem. My ceremony is set for 4:30pm at the end of November, and I want to make sure that we have enough lighting for photos. I will ask my WC and see what she says.

#3 MrsBklovn

MrsBklovn
    • 79 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

I'm getting married in Dec and my wedding is at 4:30. I googled the sunset for Dec in punta cana and it said 6:06pm. I believe it was timeanddate.coom. 

HTH

#4 KatyaNova

KatyaNova
      • Vendor
      • 73 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Ladies!! 

This is the resource we use all the time. It's perfect for finding out sunrises & sunsets!! 

http://www.shootingo...esunset-may.php

I would highly recommend scheduling your Wedding Ceremony at least 2 hours before the sunset, especially if you're not doing the First Look. The sun sets VERY fast here. The sunsets are also NOT into water (like they are in Costa Rica for example), so there's even less light. That's why we had a sunrise wedding!! 

xoxo
        Katya. 

#5 Mady28

Mady28
        • 164 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 28, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Huracan Cafe
        • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Thank you Katya! I looked on the site and it says for my wedding date the sun will set at 5:55. How much time would you say I would get before the sun is completely gone?

#6 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
        • 211 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

OMG!!!! Now I'm nervous. My wedding is at 6. I wanted a sunset wedding b/c I love the look of pic when the sun is setting but now I'm afraid we're going to lose daylight :msncry:

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

April 12, 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users