50 shades...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 aleedoc17

aleedoc17
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

Aloha ladies (& gentlemen),

Alright, I know I'm way behind, but I've started to read 50 Shades of Grey & let me tell you, it's a good book. It's very vulgar & very detailed, but for us future wives, it may just help us ;)

So, my thought & question to you (without giving much away & watching what we say):

1) Have you read the book?

- If you say yes, have you read the 2nd & 3rd?

- If you say no, I think it's a good honeymoon book (you may learn a thing or two)

2) What made you read it or not read it?

I know personally I am not a reader & I don't go along with the flow. I never had time to read & only enjoy summer/beach reading, however, all my friends read it & said it was a life changer & might help me with my honeymoon in 5 months!

So..

what is everyone else's thoughts?

#2 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
    • 143 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

I did read it! I read them all and I think that it was good. Its not the best book I ever red and didn't have high expectations going in but I actually got hooked with the storyline!

#3 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
      • 143 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

*read

#4 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
        • 381 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

I've read all three! Can you tell by my username?!? I enjoyed them however I must admit after the first book the "special" scenes become predictable. I only continued because I enjoyed the love story/mystery plot. 

#5 aleedoc17

aleedoc17
          • 178 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sophia2616 

I did read it! I read them all and I think that it was good. Its not the best book I ever red and didn't have high expectations going in but I actually got hooked with the storyline!

I'm only halfway through the first book & like you said, it's not the best book, but then again, i don't like to read. i read pretty little liar books & back in high school I read Harry Potter (i'm a dork I know haha)

but i am interested to see the movie b/c i can only imagine how different it's going to be..they're going to have to cut out a lot of scenes! haha

#6 aleedoc17

aleedoc17
            • 178 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 

I've read all three! Can you tell by my username?!? I enjoyed them however I must admit after the first book the "special" scenes become predictable. I only continued because I enjoyed the love story/mystery plot. 

Ana, I noticed your name around before, & I laughed, because I wondered if it had anything ro do with the book, or a coincidence!

Guess I got my answer!

#7 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
              • 381 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by aleedoc17 

Ana, I noticed your name around before, & I laughed, because I wondered if it had anything ro do with the book, or a coincidence!

Guess I got my answer!

:) I've had two people send me a PM asking if that was really my name! It was my way of adding a little flavor to wedding planning

#8 aleedoc17

aleedoc17
                • 178 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 

:) I've had two people send me a PM asking if that was really my name! It was my way of adding a little flavor to wedding planning

that is too funny!

so what is your name? because i kind of kind it strange that when i call you Ana i recall parts of the books, & it's sorta awkward!  haah

#9 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
                  • 381 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by aleedoc17 

that is too funny!

so what is your name? because i kind of kind it strange that when i call you Ana i recall parts of the books, & it's sorta awkward!  haah

My name is Kierston! I can see how that would be awkward especially since you know it's from the book!

#10 aleedoc17

aleedoc17
                    • 178 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

haha, yes!

I was trying to look at your profile & info to get it. but i didn't see anything?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users