Jump to content

Photo

50 shades...


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 aleedoc17

aleedoc17
  • Jr. Member
  • 178 posts

    Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

    Aloha ladies (& gentlemen),

    Alright, I know I'm way behind, but I've started to read 50 Shades of Grey & let me tell you, it's a good book. It's very vulgar & very detailed, but for us future wives, it may just help us ;)

    So, my thought & question to you (without giving much away & watching what we say):

     

    1) Have you read the book?

    - If you say yes, have you read the 2nd & 3rd?

    - If you say no, I think it's a good honeymoon book (you may learn a thing or two)

     

    2) What made you read it or not read it?

     

    I know personally I am not a reader & I don't go along with the flow. I never had time to read & only enjoy summer/beach reading, however, all my friends read it & said it was a life changer & might help me with my honeymoon in 5 months!

     

     

    So..

     

    what is everyone else's thoughts?

     

     

     



    #2 Sophia2616

    Sophia2616
    • Newbie
    • 143 posts

      Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

      I did read it! I read them all and I think that it was good. Its not the best book I ever red and didn't have high expectations going in but I actually got hooked with the storyline!



      #3 Sophia2616

      Sophia2616
      • Newbie
      • 143 posts

        Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

        *read



        #4 AnaSteele58

        AnaSteele58
        • Jr. Member
        • 381 posts

          Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

          I've read all three! Can you tell by my username?!? I enjoyed them however I must admit after the first book the "special" scenes become predictable. I only continued because I enjoyed the love story/mystery plot. 



          #5 aleedoc17

          aleedoc17
          • Jr. Member
          • 178 posts

            Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

            Originally Posted by Sophia2616 

            I did read it! I read them all and I think that it was good. Its not the best book I ever red and didn't have high expectations going in but I actually got hooked with the storyline!

             

             

            I'm only halfway through the first book & like you said, it's not the best book, but then again, i don't like to read. i read pretty little liar books & back in high school I read Harry Potter (i'm a dork I know haha)

             

             but i am interested to see the movie b/c i can only imagine how different it's going to be..they're going to have to cut out a lot of scenes! haha



            #6 aleedoc17

            aleedoc17
            • Jr. Member
            • 178 posts

              Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

              Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 

              I've read all three! Can you tell by my username?!? I enjoyed them however I must admit after the first book the "special" scenes become predictable. I only continued because I enjoyed the love story/mystery plot. 

              Ana, I noticed your name around before, & I laughed, because I wondered if it had anything ro do with the book, or a coincidence!

               

              Guess I got my answer!



              #7 AnaSteele58

              AnaSteele58
              • Jr. Member
              • 381 posts

                Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

                Originally Posted by aleedoc17 

                Ana, I noticed your name around before, & I laughed, because I wondered if it had anything ro do with the book, or a coincidence!

                 

                Guess I got my answer!

                 


                :) I've had two people send me a PM asking if that was really my name! It was my way of adding a little flavor to wedding planning



                #8 aleedoc17

                aleedoc17
                • Jr. Member
                • 178 posts

                  Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

                  Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 

                   


                  :) I've had two people send me a PM asking if that was really my name! It was my way of adding a little flavor to wedding planning

                  that is too funny!

                  so what is your name? because i kind of kind it strange that when i call you Ana i recall parts of the books, & it's sorta awkward!  haah



                  #9 AnaSteele58

                  AnaSteele58
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 381 posts

                    Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

                    Originally Posted by aleedoc17 

                    that is too funny!

                    so what is your name? because i kind of kind it strange that when i call you Ana i recall parts of the books, & it's sorta awkward!  haah

                    My name is Kierston! I can see how that would be awkward especially since you know it's from the book!



                    #10 aleedoc17

                    aleedoc17
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 178 posts

                      Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

                      haha, yes!

                       

                      I was trying to look at your profile & info to get it. but i didn't see anything?






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users