7 replies to this topic

#1 Melissa14

Melissa14
  • 304 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 27, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

I had a get together with my bridesmaids yesterday and we narrowed down what accessories they will be wearing.

I've already purchased starfish earrings for them as their gifts but I don't want to spoil the surprise since I wanted to give them their gifts the day of the wedding. I let them discuss earring options and they are now all shopping around for earrings. How do I let them know not to look for earrings without ruining the gift??

Marrying My 5th Grade "Boyfriend"...Life has a funny way of working itself out

#2 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

I gave my bridesmaids their gifts the morning of my wedding when we were getting ready.  But I told them that their jewelry for the wedding was their gift.  I included little extras that was a Surprise,  monogrammed Champagne flutes, a flower for their hair and a little pocket mirror.

I stood in a wedding and bride had a bridal brunch where she took the girls out to brunch and gave them their gift then and that was 2 weeks before the wedding. 

#3 Melissa14

Melissa14
    • 304 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mufin1785 

I gave my bridesmaids their gifts the morning of my wedding when we were getting ready.  But I told them that their jewelry for the wedding was their gift.  I included little extras that was a Surprise,  monogrammed Champagne flutes, a flower for their hair and a little pocket mirror.

I stood in a wedding and bride had a bridal brunch where she took the girls out to brunch and gave them their gift then and that was 2 weeks before the wedding. 

The morning of the wedding just seems so special. Thanks so much! I'll just give them a heads up not to get earrings. :)

#4 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
    • 562 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
    • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'm only having a MOH and we are doing a spa day just the two of us in a few weeks. Even though my wedding isn't until April I decided I'll give her her gift then since she wanted to gift me the spa day before the wedding to relax. So I'm giving her:

- MOH shirt http://shop.weddingc...party-tank-top/

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

- bottle of her favorite wine

- necklace with her initial and birthstone (doesn't have to wear it on the wedding day, but she can)

- a gift certificate for a mani/pedi at our favorite nail place

I also paid for her dress that she'll be wearing at the wedding.

The idea is that she's done so much for me and has been helping me/focusing on me a lot during the wedding prep I wanted to give her something that would be all about her. Hope she likes it!

#5 Melissa14

Melissa14
    • 304 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

I'm sure she will! It all sounds so nice. I would love all that! :)

#6 JSLM

JSLM
    • 170 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Doing it the day of when your all together sounds great!

#7 mscheryl10

mscheryl10
      • 154 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica View Post

I'm only having a MOH and we are doing a spa day just the two of us in a few weeks. Even though my wedding isn't until April I decided I'll give her her gift then since she wanted to gift me the spa day before the wedding to relax. So I'm giving her:

- MOH shirt http://shop.weddingchicks.com/blushing-hearts-bridal-party-tank-top/

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

- bottle of her favorite wine

- necklace with her initial and birthstone (doesn't have to wear it on the wedding day, but she can)

- a gift certificate for a mani/pedi at our favorite nail place

I also paid for her dress that she'll be wearing at the wedding.

The idea is that she's done so much for me and has been helping me/focusing on me a lot during the wedding prep I wanted to give her something that would be all about her. Hope she likes it!

I'm sure she will love this!!

#8 mormac01

mormac01
        • 152 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Thank you so much for the ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users