466 replies to this topic

#151 duchovny0901

duchovny0901
  • Site Supporter
  • 146 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 30, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

I have the Divine Package as well. MAC seems to be a good product for makeup so I'm not worried there. I am worried about the stylist's experience with my hair texture though! LOL. My sister, who's also a hair stylist, is my Maid of Honor. I think I'm going to assign this as one of her duties!

#152 bride473473

bride473473
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

Hello Ladies!!!! I hope wedding planning is going well! I am confirmed for 12/13/14 at 3pm and my wedding coordinator is also Luisa Miranda. She took a while to send me paperwork but so far so good. I want to let you ladies know I will actually be taking a trip to Now Larimar end of September. I will take some pics and post them and also let you know what I thought about the resort.

#153 KatyaNova

KatyaNova
    • Vendor
    • 73 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by bethlorentz 

@KatyaNova  Are you available 6/6/14?  If so, what are your rates to do "get ready, ceremony, cocktail hour, 1 hour of reception" (feel free to PM me those)  Thanks!!!

Hey Beth! Yes, we're still open on June 6 2014 and would be thrilled to document your Big Day! please email us at katya@katyanova.com with details and we'll send you more info! xoxoxo

#154 KatyaNova

KatyaNova
      • Vendor
      • 73 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by KatyaNova 

Hey Beth! Yes, we're still open on June 6 2014 and would be thrilled to document your Big Day! please email us at katya@katyanova.com with details and we'll send you more info! xoxoxo

also - we offer to split the $500 fee with our couples :) 

#155 foreverlove

foreverlove
        • 14 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

@futuredejesus that would be awesome. I am getting married at NOW July 12, 2014 and it makes me so nervous that I won't be able to see the resort beforehand.

#156 DR2015

DR2015
          • 150 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
          • Wedding Location:NOW Larimar Punta Cana, Dom. Rep.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

Booked our site visit!!! Going the 2nd week in Sept, I will take LOTS of pics to post!!
          May 01, 2015- complete!! 73 guests+bride & groom! Now Larimar Punta Cana!

#157 bethlorentz

bethlorentz
          • 17 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 6, 2014
          • Wedding Location:NOW Larimar Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
          • LocationWest Des Moines, IA

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:35 AM

Thanks for the advice!  I am also torn on getting the wooden walkway, anyway you could send me that youtube video you saw???

#158 Kristina Simms

Kristina Simms
          • 37 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

Congrats everyone!! It's so exciting to hear everyone's plans and get another opinion. Our wedding is Jan 28/14. We are booked for a 3pm wedding at the fountain and a 6:30 pm reception on the beach. I am leaning towards getting the fountain setup ($1500), but it just seems so crazy for a 20 min ceremony. We are getting a dance floor for the beach reception, but just renting the sound system, so will play music off of an IPod instead of paying for a DJ. We are extending the ceremony for an hour, then heading to the Eclipse nightclub afterward!! We will have around 20 ppl there.

For the day of the wedding I have rented the bridal suite, we have the Divine Package, so hair/makeup is included. My bridesmaids and some family are going to get hair/makeup done too! We are having an outside photographer, Karina Jensen, because photos are the most important part to me so I'm willing to dish out the $500 vendor fee. Just have to work a little extra before the wedding!

I've been looking at wedding favours/accessories and like so many things from The Knot.com, then I realized that they don't ship to Canada!!! Is anyone else using parasols for the bridal party/pictures?? Or hand fans for the guests? I'm wondering where to get them from now.

My wedding planner was Silvia, and I just recently got an email saying it is now Yakayra. Before they switched I had been waiting for Silvia to check on availability of the judge for a legal ceremony. When they switched WC's I had to start all over again with this process and have not heard back from Yakayra. It's been over 2 months of waiting!! Any one else trying to arrange a legal ceremony???

Thanks ladies!!

#159 duchovny0901

duchovny0901
            • Site Supporter
            • 146 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 30, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

I was reading on a general forum thread about site visits. Apparently this can be negotiated with the resorts. Has anyone done this or attempted to do this with Now? Did they offer you a free or reduced stay?

#160 bethlorentz

bethlorentz
            • 17 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 6, 2014
            • Wedding Location:NOW Larimar Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
            • LocationWest Des Moines, IA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

@Kristina Simms - Could you just have your items shipped directly to the resort???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users