Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
11-30-13-Bride

Narrowing down a hotel...please help!

Recommended Posts

Hi all, hope you're enjoying planning.  I've realized that in order for me to start enjoying this process, I need to narrow down a hotel of choice! We have decided to book an outside venue for our reception; however, we are still looking for a hotel for the guests.  I have my top choices narrowed down to:

 

Dreams Riviera Cancun

Dreams Puerto Aventuras

Now Jade

Now Sapphire

Riu Palace Riviera Maya

and Azul Sensatori (but this is not really supposed to be on the list because its too expensive)! ;-)

 

Any and all suggestions or opinions would be really really appreciated! Thanks in advance and Happy Planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by 11-30-13-Bride View Post

 

Hi all, hope you're enjoying planning.  I've realized that in order for me to start enjoying this process, I need to narrow down a hotel of choice! We have decided to book an outside venue for our reception; however, we are still looking for a hotel for the guests.  I have my top choices narrowed down to:

 

Dreams Riviera Cancun

Dreams Puerto Aventuras

Now Jade

Now Sapphire

Riu Palace Riviera Maya

and Azul Sensatori (but this is not really supposed to be on the list because its too expensive)! ;-)

 

Any and all suggestions or opinions would be really really appreciated! Thanks in advance and Happy Planning!

Hi 11-30-13 Bride,

Congrats on narrowing the list down to a much complicated area of Mexico. There are SO many choices. We're getting married at Now Sapphire. Since you're not getting married there then the wedding packages don't really matter to you but if you chose any of the the AMResorts (ie Dreams, Now, Secerts, Sunscape, etc) you can participate in the Sip, Savor, and See program. This is what we're planning on doing. So even though we're staying at the Now we can go have dinner and take in the other AMResorts for no additional fee. So it's like "going out to eat" or have other adventures at the other resorts but without the cost. So you could even give your guests a choice of resorts and let them decide. I know there is a Dreams with in walking distance from Now Sapphire and everything else is a super short cab ride away. Just a thought for you. Out of curousity where are you getting married?? Kinda interesting to see you get married off the property. Is it cheaper? Let me know and Happy Planning!

Best,

Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Melnryluvco,

  Yes...I saw that too! Soo excited to have another fellow bride in colorado, we should definitely exchange planing tips!  I am getting married outside of the resort, only because my most important aspect of the wedding was privacy.  I am sure I could have dealt with it and it would be no big deal, but it really just bothered me that people on the resort have full view to the wedding.  Also, we are expecting a large group of guests, approximately 80, and we would like to have the wedding last until after midnight.  The problem was, our only option was inside of a ballroom, and the money we would be paying for those extra hours was crazy!!!!! We rented a venue for the whole night, for practically the same price it would have cost for the extra hours, after the 4 hour included reception.  How is wedding planning going?  I actually did a site visit at the Now Sapphire and it is a beautiful resort! I have lots of pics if you're interested! 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, the NOW Sapphire is gorgeous as seen in these magical wedding "moments that matter" Linc caught at one of his weddings there.......with more at the album link here...........

 

*

*

wishing you all the best with your planning decisions, and that you have the Perfect Big Day of your Dreams.......Enjoy :)

 

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by 11-30-13-Bride View Post

 

Hi Melnryluvco,

  Yes...I saw that too! Soo excited to have another fellow bride in colorado, we should definitely exchange planing tips!  I am getting married outside of the resort, only because my most important aspect of the wedding was privacy.  I am sure I could have dealt with it and it would be no big deal, but it really just bothered me that people on the resort have full view to the wedding.  Also, we are expecting a large group of guests, approximately 80, and we would like to have the wedding last until after midnight.  The problem was, our only option was inside of a ballroom, and the money we would be paying for those extra hours was crazy!!!!! We rented a venue for the whole night, for practically the same price it would have cost for the extra hours, after the 4 hour included reception.  How is wedding planning going?  I actually did a site visit at the Now Sapphire and it is a beautiful resort! I have lots of pics if you're interested! 

 

We don't even have half as many peole as you do and I'm stressed about travel and OOT bags and what not. I could only imagine your level of stress with all those people going. So are you all staying at one resort/hotel or condos? I do hope you got some sort of kickback for having all those people come down there for you all. Is most of your party out of Denver? We were able to get chartered flights so we all are on the same flights there and back. I'd looove to see pics! You can either post them here or PM for my email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by 11-30-13-Bride View Post

 

Hi Melnryluvco,

  Yes...I saw that too! Soo excited to have another fellow bride in colorado, we should definitely exchange planing tips!  I am getting married outside of the resort, only because my most important aspect of the wedding was privacy.  I am sure I could have dealt with it and it would be no big deal, but it really just bothered me that people on the resort have full view to the wedding.  Also, we are expecting a large group of guests, approximately 80, and we would like to have the wedding last until after midnight.  The problem was, our only option was inside of a ballroom, and the money we would be paying for those extra hours was crazy!!!!! We rented a venue for the whole night, for practically the same price it would have cost for the extra hours, after the 4 hour included reception.  How is wedding planning going?  I actually did a site visit at the Now Sapphire and it is a beautiful resort! I have lots of pics if you're interested! 

 

 

Hi 11-30-13-Bride and Melnryluvco,

Congratulations on your engagement! The Now Sapphire is very good choice! Make sure you check with your TA to see if they give any free / complimentary nights when making your group reservations. Also, if you haven't choosen a particular resort yet, you might want to take a look at any of the Palace Resorts, like Moon Palace for instance, they are currently offering a $1500 resort credit to the bride and groom! Not to mention that their wedding packages are GORGEOUS, but why wouldn't they be, they're designed by Colin Cowie himself!

 

Good luck on all the planning and I wish you ladies all the best! =)

 

-Jill Tran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we've narrowed down a hotel! Now on to chartered flights, lot bags, etc. Melnryluvco, what was the average cost of the flights from Denver? Also, what are you thinking about bringing to mexico from here? I've heard mixed reviews of what to bring vs what to buy there......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by melnryluvco View Post

 

Hi 11-30-13 Bride,

Congrats on narrowing the list down to a much complicated area of Mexico. There are SO many choices. We're getting married at Now Sapphire. Since you're not getting married there then the wedding packages don't really matter to you but if you chose any of the the AMResorts (ie Dreams, Now, Secerts, Sunscape, etc) you can participate in the Sip, Savor, and See program. This is what we're planning on doing. So even though we're staying at the Now we can go have dinner and take in the other AMResorts for no additional fee. So it's like "going out to eat" or have other adventures at the other resorts but without the cost. So you could even give your guests a choice of resorts and let them decide. I know there is a Dreams with in walking distance from Now Sapphire and everything else is a super short cab ride away. Just a thought for you. Out of curousity where are you getting married?? Kinda interesting to see you get married off the property. Is it cheaper? Let me know and Happy Planning!

Best,

Melissa

Hey melnryluvco,

 

As wedding planner in the Riviera Maya, and just wanted to answer your question regarding an off resort reception. I have seen many brides choosing this option because some resorts have packages and when you have more people than what their package offers then you would have to pay extra.  Many factor will influence this decision such:

Do you want your reception to be private

what decor and flower you prefer.

Type of menu you choose.

 

 

And feel free to ask us anything and we will be happy to help.

 

Happy Planning!

Joyce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×