Jump to content
n0tURavrgeBride

Playa Del Carmen Bride 2014!!!

Recommended Posts

Lol, I was too talking to Bella. I'm sure yours is going to be breath taking too, and to be completely fair I would have done a Playacar wedding too if it wasn't for my loud family and friends. Also, although location is great so your guest can go out and do a lot of different things; I just didn't want to choose my resort based in that fact. I feel bad enough having my love ones spend so much money on my destination wedding, that I just wanted to go for a place that has a lot to offer in their all inclusive packages. That way they don't really have to spend money else where to part take in other activities. You know what I mean?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally!  Asking guests to pay so much to come is really tough.  Our package is $571 for 3 nights (including transportation to/from the resort-airport) but still, it is a lot.  I really debated going somewhere cheaper like the Royal PDC but Playacar palace is the only one I had personally been to and I just felt more comfy doing a place that I knew I'd like!!!  If only I knew then what I know now I definitely would have personally visited a ton more places (I only saw Coz. palace, moon palace, playacar palace, and el dorado royale).

 

Randomly though at a jewelry shop I talked to a woman who goes to playa every summer and always stays at Grand Sunset and she's been all over so I bet its stunning :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies this seems like a good place for me to get good information.  I am two weeks engaged and I am struggling.  We have dreamed of a destination wedding but we are incredibly frustrated with not being able to see prices.  I like the idea of doing a website or having a TA that can help HOWEVER the prices for guest seem way more than if people book it by themselves.  We went to Playa Del Carmen/Riveria Maya last year for 7 days for 980 all inclusive.  WHY IS IT SOOOO EXPENSIVE FOR WEDDINGS?!?!?!? 

 

P.S. we stayed at the grand sunset princess and it was AMAZING.  However the beach wasn't very wide so I am unsure about where the weddings are held.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by n0tURavrgeBride View Post

 

Soooo... I decided and made a deposit!!!! I'm going for Grand Sunset Princess!! Playacar was my #1 choice, but unfortunately it went over our budget.

Ocean Coral Turquesa is alright, but didn't like the location and too many reviews a out it's not so "Turquoise" beach. I even seen a lot of pictures myself of a not so attractive beach.

Again, not picky but that does matter to me.

However, it's got great prices! I was given a quote of 894.00 plus 365 tax for April 17, 2014 (1 week).

I'm just happy I finally made my choice, and onto the planning now!!!

Hello ! Were these prices just for the hotel stay!????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone ! I am alos planning for 2014 ! I am thinking APRIL. I am having SUCH a hard time choosing a date without EXACT prices for my guests.... I also dont want to go over $1500 for 7 nights. I was looking into NOW JADE. Any suggestions for me !???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AmandaPierson View Post

 

Totally!  Asking guests to pay so much to come is really tough.  Our package is $571 for 3 nights (including transportation to/from the resort-airport) but still, it is a lot.  I really debated going somewhere cheaper like the Royal PDC but Playacar palace is the only one I had personally been to and I just felt more comfy doing a place that I knew I'd like!!!  If only I knew then what I know now I definitely would have personally visited a ton more places (I only saw Coz. palace, moon palace, playacar palace, and el dorado royale).

 

Randomly though at a jewelry shop I talked to a woman who goes to playa every summer and always stays at Grand Sunset and she's been all over so I bet its stunning :)

Is that the total cost, including airfare??? If that's so, I'm just wandering why my TA kept on telling me it's over my budget without giving me an actual quote. It's actually not that bad though!

I have already been told that it is affordable, but I have a sneaky suspicion that she works closely with Sunwing and Sunwing doesn't have affiliation with Playacar Resort. 

Regardless, just like you.... i've already booked my resort. So what's done it's done, and the more I learn from it the more I like it!

 

On another note...Not sure how your guest are reacting to you invitation as of now, but in my end, the most important ones are all on board. However, I have a few that can't keep their comments to themselves, such as "why do you want a destination wedding, it's so inconvenient  to everyone". And stupid things like such.

Reason why i'm bring this up is cause like you say, it's tough to ask your love ones to make this kind of spending, but at the end of the day it's your's and your's fiancee's day. All those who really matter will be there, no questions asked. The ones that will nag about it, we can do without! lol.

 

I have been too concerned about everyone's feelings, but I can't please everyone. In this is the one time, that i have to please myself above all others. (This calls for a "difficult guest" forum LOL)

 

So enjoy your planning and this ones in a life time experience!! (all else will follow) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jinele Fracasso View Post

 

Hello ! Were these prices just for the hotel stay!????

No, for everything! airfare + accommodation. This was for the Ocean Coral Turquesa, double occupancy rate (with Sunwing).

The GSP one that I booked is for May 4th- May 11th 2014 at 1240.00 + 197.00 tax (double occupancy) Children are 599 + 197 tax.

 

Not bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by lembrich View Post

 

Ladies this seems like a good place for me to get good information.  I am two weeks engaged and I am struggling.  We have dreamed of a destination wedding but we are incredibly frustrated with not being able to see prices.  I like the idea of doing a website or having a TA that can help HOWEVER the prices for guest seem way more than if people book it by themselves.  We went to Playa Del Carmen/Riveria Maya last year for 7 days for 980 all inclusive.  WHY IS IT SOOOO EXPENSIVE FOR WEDDINGS?!?!?!? 

 

P.S. we stayed at the grand sunset princess and it was AMAZING.  However the beach wasn't very wide so I am unsure about where the weddings are held.

Well, I actually already confirmed my wedding at Grand Sunset! They have two really cute gazebos on the beach. There's a few pictures that photographers have uploaded on this site and you will see what i'mm talking about.

You could just tell everyone to go their own way, and they probably would be able to find better deals but it's not convenient to you. I also don't think you can book a wedding package at the resorts unless you have a group with you of at least 10 people.

 

Tips: If you want to do a wedding website invite, you should check out www.wedsite.com. I did mine with them, and I'm really happy with it. They give you a free trial of 10 days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ lembrich & @Jinele Fracasso, I'm also looking at April/May 2014- when you said you went last year for 7 days, what time of year was it?  Jan-May are high season but the closer you get to the summer, it's supposedly cheaper and then alot cheaper June-Nov/Dec.  I have been researching like a nut for 6 months and the best advice I got was to wait until prices come out for flights and charters from AppleVacations (11 months prior to your date) so that you can have a really good idea of the prices- as of now they are just estimating!  I know we are all anxious to book, but I personally did not want to pick a resort not knowing if it was affordable or not for everyone. 

 

I was at the Now Jade back in September 2012 for my friends wedding, she had about 65 people come and everyone had a great time!  What really matters in the end is the people but I know we all want everything to be perfect.  Nice hotel, not great check in service but otherwise good service, nice rooms (views not so good), good food, nice pools and pool bars, nice setting overall.  We stayed for 3 nights and paid 950 pp in september.  They got married on the beach and it was very simple then had heavy appetizers and cake at their outdoor area by buffet restaurant then we all went to the disco and danced the night away.  I would say it's more of a 4 star, nothing is very lavish but it's clean, modern and easy to get around + probably affordable for most of your guests- there is also a all-adults size then fam side which is nice!  I'm just not looking there personally because I can't do somewhere my friend went, lol...but I think it's a good place to have a wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jessica Lerda View Post

 

@ lembrich & @Jinele Fracasso, I'm also looking at April/May 2014- when you said you went last year for 7 days, what time of year was it?  Jan-May are high season but the closer you get to the summer, it's supposedly cheaper and then alot cheaper June-Nov/Dec.  I have been researching like a nut for 6 months and the best advice I got was to wait until prices come out for flights and charters from AppleVacations (11 months prior to your date) so that you can have a really good idea of the prices- as of now they are just estimating!  I know we are all anxious to book, but I personally did not want to pick a resort not knowing if it was affordable or not for everyone. 

 

I was at the Now Jade back in September 2012 for my friends wedding, she had about 65 people come and everyone had a great time!  What really matters in the end is the people but I know we all want everything to be perfect.  Nice hotel, not great check in service but otherwise good service, nice rooms (views not so good), good food, nice pools and pool bars, nice setting overall.  We stayed for 3 nights and paid 950 pp in september.  They got married on the beach and it was very simple then had heavy appetizers and cake at their outdoor area by buffet restaurant then we all went to the disco and danced the night away.  I would say it's more of a 4 star, nothing is very lavish but it's clean, modern and easy to get around + probably affordable for most of your guests- there is also a all-adults size then fam side which is nice!  I'm just not looking there personally because I can't do somewhere my friend went, lol...but I think it's a good place to have a wedding.

Thanks for the info ! I just got quoted prices for hotel only. and its around 159- 115 a night. Which isn't so bad. If you go off prices on airfare for this year, they are around $350.... So hopefully next year they wont be so bad. Maybe around the same. So If you add it up that way it comes to about $1337 PP. thats for 7 nights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×