How much are you spending?

I know this is going to greatly vary but im trying to get a sense of how much money people have spent on the OOT bags and all the goodies that they're filled with? I have roughly 50-60 guests attending (18 rooms booked so far and we're still 5 months out!) and can't imagine spending a lot of money on these but would like to have something small with some Advil, Imodium, propel or Gatorade packets and some snacks in the rooms for guests. And if anyone has some websites to lass along that would be great. I've checked out minimus.biz already but am wondering if there's anywhere else that is inexpensive. Thanks!

Originally Posted by kard613 View Post

I know this is going to greatly vary but im trying to get a sense of how much money people have spent on the OOT bags and all the goodies that they're filled with? I have roughly 50-60 guests attending (18 rooms booked so far and we're still 5 months out!) and can't imagine spending a lot of money on these but would like to have something small with some Advil, Imodium, propel or Gatorade packets and some snacks in the rooms for guests.

And if anyone has some websites to lass along that would be great. I've checked out minimus.biz already but am wondering if there's anywhere else that is inexpensive.

Thanks!

My sisters friends mom works in a doctors office and got me the packets for free! so that was a bonus.

But I only made 12 bags, so I guess it makes a difference.

I got Pepto from Walmart 48 in a box for $9, they are individually wrapped.

I sewed my OOT bags myself (they came out to about $5 each), and price shopped all the contents like crazy.  Mine are going to end up being around $22-$25 each depending on how much I spend on snacks to include once I get there.  So About $1100 total (before buying snacks there), but I'll have 50 bags and a decent amount of stuff in them.  That includes the price of the bag itself.

I know this is going to greatly vary but im trying to get a sense of how much money people have spent on the OOT bags and all the goodies that they're filled with? I have roughly 50-60 guests attending (18 rooms booked so far and we're still 5 months out!) and can't imagine spending a lot of money on these but would like to have something small with some Advil, Imodium, propel or Gatorade packets and some snacks in the rooms for guests.

And if anyone has some websites to lass along that would be great. I've checked out minimus.biz already but am wondering if there's anywhere else that is inexpensive.

Thanks!

I've found that the Gatorade packets are pretty pricey!  What about crystal light on the go packs?  Much cheaper.

Yikes! $1100 on bags is definitely not in my budget, I'm going to have to get creative here.

And thanks agm04, I had thought of crystal light, propel or Gatorade, whatever ends up being cheaper.

I think if you do something like a paper gift bag (or even a reusable one from Oriental Trading or something) and just did a limited amount of medicine, snacks, etc, you can do them for a LOT less.  The most expensive items in my bags, other than the bags themselves at around $5 each, were rum cakes - those are $2 each and I'm buying one per person.  So for a couple, that added $4.

The little medicine bags I put together (I don't have pics with me, but will post some soon) had advil (2 packets), tylenol (2 packets), band aids (4-5), kleenex (1 pack), pepto (2 packets), tums (one small roll), hand sanitizer wipes (3 per bag), breath savers, off brand neosporin 2 packets), shout wipes (2), and aloe (1), personalized chapstick (1 per person) and they are in a little zippered bag.  Those, total, came out to just over $6 each.  If you just did EITHER tylenol or advil, and cut out the tums, that would make them $4.70 each.

Sorry this ended up being long, but I'm saying you can definitely do it for less!  I also included things like personalized koozies, the rum cakes, key holders, etc, that made them a little more.  You have lots of options!

Thanks to this site I've been able to seriously cut costs! Dollar Tree will be your best friend for some items but can actually be more expensive for others! Tissues and band aids are great there ($1 for 8 packets of fun tropical colored packets of tissue)...and we got our tumblers here (50 of them) which were the same as the ones they sell at Michaels for 7.99!! I chose Amazon for all the drug packets but make sure you don't always choose the first vendor that pops up! Look at all the vendors and factor in the shipping. And for lip balm someone mentioned bulkapothecary.com and I actually cancelled my personalized lip balm order from Oriental Trading (50 of them for $40+) to switch to bulkapothecary where 50 is costing me $14 plus $3 for three sheets of labels which I'll print out myself to customize! Can't beat that! I think they offer a service of designing your labels but I didn't look into it since any penny saved is a penny I can use elsewhere! ;) Good luck!