Photo

Paper Lanterns :)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 sarahscruton

sarahscruton
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Anyone have any advice on where to buy paper lanterns and LED lights? Found a few websites , jut wondering if there are any better deals out there:) Thanks so much!

#2 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
    • 861 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Not sure where the cheapest place is to buy the lanterns but as far as LEDs go I know those can be kinda expensive, if YouTube led throwies they are simple to make and you can buy all the parts on eBay super cheap

#3 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
      • Vendor
      • 210 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Paper lanterns are so beautiful, they add an elegance feeling to weddings and can be used indoor and outdoor.

lanterns on sand

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#4 seatkins22

seatkins22
        • 68 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

I purchased paper lanterns from  JustArtifacts.  I ordered 28 total and the shipping was expensive at about $30.  The total bill was $78 but it was delivered to our house with no additional duties and I didn't have to spend hours searching in the stores.  Ha, ha, at MIchael's today I saw one lantern for $7.99! 

I've ordered the components from ebay to make the LED throwies to put in them.  I haven't received them yet but they are coming from China, super cheap with no shipping charges.  Batteries and lights will be less than $10.

There is a great thread on here somewhere about this topic. That's how I got the idea.  It's a very long thread but I plan on reading it over carefully again before I assemble the led lights because there are some very good tips from other brides.

#5 sarahscruton

sarahscruton
          • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Thanks so much!! I ended up ordering them from just artifacts! Should get them tomorrow!! Super excited!! I ordered 8 aqua blue, 8 white and 8 brown.. Think they will go well together!! Thanks again!! :)

#6 Lyman

Lyman
            • 262 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

sounds like a great colour combo, sarahscruton! would love to see pics of it :)

#7 sarahscruton

sarahscruton
              • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

I will be sure to post some pics:)

#8 seatkins22

seatkins22
                • 68 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by sarahscruton 

Thanks so much!! I ended up ordering them from just artifacts! Should get them tomorrow!! Super excited!! I ordered 8 aqua blue, 8 white and 8 brown.. Think they will go well together!! Thanks again!! :)

Great!  Happy to help a fellow NS bride!

#9 Billandstina

Billandstina
                  • 396 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

I hate to sound slow but what's a throwie? Lol!

#10 seatkins22

seatkins22
                    • 68 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Billandstina 

I hate to sound slow but what's a throwie? Lol!

It's a single long-lasting LED light that is attached to a battery and magnet.  

There's a forum with lots of explanation on how to make them. 

http://www.bestdesti...-paper-lanterns

(Let me know if the link doesn't work because it's the first time I've done one)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users