#1 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
  • 562 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

The holidays are a big time for engagements, so in honor of many of you getting engaged over Christmas and New Year’s and with Valentine’s Day just around the corner we wanted to put together a quick guide on what to do next.  Since you’re here, you have probably decided to have a destination wedding. Congratulations! Now that you’ve made that all-important first step, you may have a ton of questions, like “where do I start?” “How do I choose a resort?” “How can I plan a wedding in a place I’ve never been?” “How can I have a fabulous destination wedding for less than $10,000?” and more. You’ll quickly learn that the internet is going to be your best friend while planning, and to make things even easier, we’ve created a list of the top 5 online resources for planning your destination wedding. From advice to inspiration to budgets, we’ve got it all covered here! Just please don’t blame us if you don’t see your friends or family for a while because you’re having too much fun browsing these sites.  

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01 LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01 LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

5.The Budget Savvy Bride. Did you know the average wedding now costs over $25,000? With many brides turning to destination weddings as a cost-cutting measure (not having to invite everyone you know is just icing on the cake!), this blog can help you bring down your overall budget even further. They offer several great tips on how to save money through DIY (did you know you can design and engineer your own uplighting? Yeah, neither did we!), tips from former brides who’ve planned weddings on a budget (you can even browse by wedding budget if you have a strict maximum) as well as coupons, deals and discounts that you can use on things you’ll need for your wedding.

There you have it—our top 5 picks for online resources to plan your destination wedding. We’d love to hear your input too! Did we forget a site that’s been key in your planning? Let us know! Also, if you have a holiday engagement story, don’t forget to share it in the forums!

*OK it was me. And no, none of my friends/Pinterest followers believed that my “party” board was just for parties.

#2 muneera0302

muneera0302
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

You are on it!!!! thanks for the helpful info. our budget was initially 10k but our guest list has def changed that. I'm now looking for decorative ideas and all these resources are perfect!!! thanks again!

#3 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
    • 562 posts
    • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by muneera0302 

You are on it!!!! thanks for the helpful info. our budget was initially 10k but our guest list has def changed that. I'm now looking for decorative ideas and all these resources are perfect!!! thanks again!

You're welcome! If you find any other sites, let us know!!

#4 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
    • 562 posts
    • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

I just found a new fun site. It's like Pinterest, but only for weddings! You can search for things like "cake" or "bouquets" or "beach wedding dresses" and it pulls up an inspiration board and you can save your favorites. http://lover.ly/

#5 muneera0302

muneera0302
    • 277 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

www.weddingbycolor.com  It has alot of DIY projects and ideas.

#6 muneera0302

muneera0302
      • 277 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica 

I just found a new fun site. It's like Pinterest, but only for weddings! You can search for things like "cake" or "bouquets" or "beach wedding dresses" and it pulls up an inspiration board and you can save your favorites. http://lover.ly/

i really like this site!!!!

#7 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
        • 562 posts
        • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

i really like this site!!!!

Yay glad I could help!

#8 cutiepatootie70

cutiepatootie70
        • Site Supporter
        • 30 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

I love the site lover.ly that Muneera0302 posted but not all of the photos have a shop.  How does one purchase something they like if the shop is not listed:-(

#9 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
          • 503 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Thanks! Going to bookmark all of these :D

#10 muneera0302

muneera0302
            • 277 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Lol I

I love the site lover.ly that Muneera0302 posted but not all of the photos have a shop.  How does one purchase something they like if the shop is not listed:-(

I was saying the same thing! Found a lot but no shop lol guess I can still use it for ideas instead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users