Photo

Hello ALL!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Carrol1121

Carrol1121
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Hello Brides, I am very excited to have booked my wedding for Nov 9, 2013. So far this forum has provided very insightful information. I have also booked HDC for photography. I tried to book DJ Mannia but I thought he was a bit too expensive. They wanted 990 just for dj services and add the extra vendor fee, has anyone though of using the dj from the hotel? 

#2 Lyman

Lyman
    • 262 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

Welcome Carrol1121 + Congrats on your wedding and all the plans you've completed already - well done:) enjoy the rest of the process, and hope you have the amazing wedding of your dreams! ........Enjoy:)

#3 Carrol1121

Carrol1121
      • 18 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

@Lyman..thanks so much :)

#4 Lyman

Lyman
        • 262 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

you're very welcome Carrol1121......for another music option.....have you considered loading your own music on an iPod and plugging that into the hotel sound system? would ensure you have your fav tunes to create the perfect party atmosphere you wish for......best o luck :)

#5 Carrol1121

Carrol1121
          • 18 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

I will keep that in mind...I should ask my fiancĀ© if he could do that! Thanks!

#6 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
            • 455 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
            • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

I think that is what we are doing, an iPod. I think for the short amount of time for our reception, only 3 hrs, we didn't want to spend so much on a dj.

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#7 avonladee

avonladee
            • 110 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

We also decided on using the ipod.

DJ was $100 an hour, but did not anounce anything. We were suppose to get someone from our group to do it for us.

But since we have such a small group, I feel really bad asking someone to be our MC. So I asked the wedding cordinator if we could hire someone for that. She is trying to figure something out.

And I thought destination wedding were not stressful!!!!!

#8 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
              • 455 posts
              • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

LOL @ Avonladee!! Tell me about it!! Where are you getting married?

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#9 avonladee

avonladee
              • 110 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by jennifer8913 

LOL @ Avonladee!! Tell me about it!! Where are you getting married?

:) Antigua, leaving in 29 days!

#10 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
                • 455 posts
                • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

Awesome!! Best.of luck and have a great time! Can't wait to see your pics!

:) Antigua, leaving in 29 days!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users