Photo

Inviting people via Sign up Sheet for work related guests at a Firehouse?!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shelleyanderic

shelleyanderic
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

I know this sounds wierd, or a bit off, but my fiance is a firefighter and his firehouse has about 40 people in it. Now obviously not everyone is going to be able to come to our wedding in Mexico, but I don't want to leave anyone out or have to find people and get there addresses.

Some people who have gotten married within the firehouse have also put up a signup sheet to make it easier for guests and to not exclude anyone.

Any suggestions on how to go about creating a sign up sheet for guests at the Firehouse?

Thanks,

Shelley

#2 agm04

agm04
    • 548 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by shelleyanderic 

I know this sounds wierd, or a bit off, but my fiance is a firefighter and his firehouse has about 40 people in it. Now obviously not everyone is going to be able to come to our wedding in Mexico, but I don't want to leave anyone out or have to find people and get there addresses.

Some people who have gotten married within the firehouse have also put up a signup sheet to make it easier for guests and to not exclude anyone.

Any suggestions on how to go about creating a sign up sheet for guests at the Firehouse?

Thanks,

Shelley

Interesting idea.  I definitely don't have any experience with it but it seems like a good idea.  Maybe just post it and have FI send an email letting people know it's up?  Or maybe even an email list?

#3 shelleyanderic

shelleyanderic
      • 46 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by agm04 

Interesting idea.  I definitely don't have any experience with it but it seems like a good idea.  Maybe just post it and have FI send an email letting people know it's up?  Or maybe even an email list?

Thank you for your reply! I know, I am going to look up some nice not too feminine sign up's to give my fiance so people at the firehouse can decided if they want to go they can put their name and address on their, and no one can feel left out that they didn't get an invitation.

#4 tkuzma

tkuzma
        • 418 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Or how about your FI hand delivering your invites to everyone at work? It's a bit more formal and wouldn't require you to find all those addresses.

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#5 shelleyanderic

shelleyanderic
        • 46 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by tkuzma 

Or how about your FI hand delivering your invites to everyone at work? It's a bit more formal and wouldn't require you to find all those addresses.

That is also a good idea too!

The main idea is to not leave anyone out because there are so many firefighters in his house, and we know that many might not be able to attend, but inviting them all would be nice. Never know, might be a big turnout, I am sure stranger things have happened hehe.

#6 mscheryl10

mscheryl10
          • 154 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

As long as you can afford to host them (i.e. reception), either the sign up sheet or the handing out of invitations sounds great to me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users