#31 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:27 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cfrancesp
    Ann, How did you decide on Leigh Miller? Her site looks great. Did you meet with her?
    I'm Ann! lol

I didn't meet with her before signing a contract with her, but I have since. I can't remember where I got her name, either this forum or The Knot, then looked at a ton of different photographer's websites and sample work - and sat down w/my FI to "rank" the different photographers. We first did this w/o looking at pricing. Then we sat down and figured out 1) who was even available for our date (I had already contacted most of the photographers), and 2) what they charge. I will say Leigh was on teh high end of what I wanted to spend, but I am so happy it worked out in the end! It will be well worth it - for sure!

Then it just turned out that she was going to be in Chicago, where I live, and we arranged to get the engagement and boudoir photos done. It's great that I was able to meet her before the wedding day. Paul and I are NOT camera people - so hopefully we'll be more "relaxed" on the wedding day now that we know Leigh a little.

#32 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:29 PM

Oh, I wanted to make sure you knew, Leigh isn't local to Puerto Vallarta (I just noticed the heading of this thread). She lives in S. Cal so we did have to pay travel costs as well.

#33 cfrancesp

cfrancesp
      • 64 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:17 PM

Thank you so much for all the info. I contacted her, I actually live right by here in southern california. Its funny, I am getting married at Las Caletas on January 19th, 2008 and because of your advice I think we are staying at Dreams Puerto Vallarta and now we might use your photographer! HA! You are a lifesaver.... thank you. We are going down to look at everything APril 10th - 13th so I will let you know how that goes.

#34 cfrancesp

cfrancesp
        • 64 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

Thank you so much for all the info. I contacted her Leigh, I actually live right by here in southern california. Its funny, I am getting married at Las Caletas on January 19th, 2008 and because of your advice I think we are staying at Dreams Puerto Vallarta and now we might use your photographer! HA! You are a lifesaver.... thank you. We are going down to look at everything APril 10th - 13th so I will let you know how that goes.

#35 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:21 PM

I totaly want to come to your wedding and be a guest, just to see what it was like at my wedding as a guest! lol I am jealous that you get a site visit - I can't wait to hear, since I am not doing one. This is too funny ... let me know if you wnat to buy my dress too! Now THAT would be funny!

#36 cfrancesp

cfrancesp
            • 64 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:06 PM

Yeah send me the name of your dress, hairdresser.... maybe I can even borrow your inlaws!!!! Just Kidding

#37 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:07 PM

Ooohhh - the in-laws I will give to you for no charge! At least a few of them.

#38 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:26 PM

I tried making a list of photogs in PV (most are from Ann's list) and tried finding Pricing info for each. Fell free to add pricing info if you have it for any of them.

I am trying to see all my options before I sign a contract and fly in an outside photog!

Attached Files

#39 MarlaB

MarlaB
                  • 108 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for the attached document. Very helpful. YOu mentioned earlier that you believe L&A have the best prices. Which one is L&A? Nicole the wedding coordinator for Las Caletas told me just recently that the only ones they use directly are Franco Gonzalez and Roberto Aceves. Does anyone know if those two photographers have an assistant to help with lighting, poses, etc.?? Also, what's the scoop on Carlos Melnik? He used to be one of the choices for Las Caletas but I guess there was a fall out. Anyone have details on that because he emailed me with his prices and he seemed reasonable but I don't want to hire anyone who has bad feelings/relations towards Nicole and Las Caletas!!

#40 1elephant

1elephant
                    • VIP Member
                    • 15,998 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:45 PM

anyone know why i can't access the list of pv photographers in this thread? says i dont have enough points (i don't even know what points are!)
                      thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users