Jump to content
Kay6356

2013 & 2014 Iberostar Laguna Azul, Cuba Brides!

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by csho View Post

 

Oh one more question.... how early did you guys buy your dress? My wedding isn't til next May but I am going dress shopping this weekend. It feels like its so early to buy it, but I am just so excited I can't wait to go!

I got mine last spring .... so around this time last year & I am getting married January 24, 2014.  I couldn't give up the deal!!! I am having my dress bustled for the whole wedding the train is too long for me :) $75 alterations :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I went dress shopping yesterday... It was fun, but a little discouraging... I tried on some very lovely dresses but nothing that got me really excited. I didn't realize it would be soo hard to find a dress I love! There was one that made my mom teary eyed and I liked it but I didn't think oh this is it. I wonder if I'll have that moment? I did for my prom dress and for the house I bought and with my fiance so I thought I definitely would, but I haven't yet. There are some more places I am going to go and see if I can find anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take your time youve got lots of it... I didnt have that moment while I was in the store, it was after my sexond time out I left the last store came home and like 3 days later I couldnt stop thinking about it and thats when Iknew I went back to the store about a week later put on the dress and knew no tears from me but I still knew you'll get there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post

 

Take your time youve got lots of it... I didnt have that moment while I was in the store, it was after my sexond time out I left the last store came home and like 3 days later I couldnt stop thinking about it and thats when Iknew I went back to the store about a week later put on the dress and knew no tears from me but I still knew you'll get there!

Thanks! You are right I do have lots of time! And I know my friend she put on like 5 gowns and found hers so I was kind of expecting it to be like that. But shes not such the "girly" type and not quite as picky as me so I think it was a bit easier for her. Whereas I am super picky lol and trying to take so many things into account! But at least now I have a better idea of what I want so next time will probably be better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kay... at the Laguna Azul did you notice if they had coral coloured sashes and tulle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooooo my Fiance and I have officially decided we are going to book the Iberostar Laguna Azul!!! We got a super quote for May 1, 2014. It is $1168 taxes in from Halifax! I don't think we can really beat that price! I am so excited to have finally made a decision!!! I think we are going to request May 5, 2014 for our wedding day at 2 pm on the spa terrace!!! So excited!

 

 

Kay you loved the resort while you were there didn;t you? How would you compare it to the other resorts you've been to?

 

Also I think I am going to book Alex for our photos. Kay you used him for your engagement photos didn't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by csho View Post

 

Soooooo my Fiance and I have officially decided we are going to book the Iberostar Laguna Azul!!! We got a super quote for May 1, 2014. It is $1168 taxes in from Halifax! I don't think we can really beat that price! I am so excited to have finally made a decision!!! I think we are going to request May 5, 2014 for our wedding day at 2 pm on the spa terrace!!! So excited!

 

 

Kay you loved the resort while you were there didn;t you? How would you compare it to the other resorts you've been to?

 

Also I think I am going to book Alex for our photos. Kay you used him for your engagement photos didn't you?

Hey Kay,

 

I just was reading a post you made in another Laguna Azul thread about all of these things! So no need to repeat it! But so glad to hear it was amazing! I am SUPER excited now that I have made a decision!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I am so relieved... everyone was like you have tons of time to decide... but they don't really understand how it works and I tend to obsess over things if I know a decision needs to made at some point. So I am just super excited to have the decision made and now we can just focus on the details of that resort! Woohoo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by csho View Post

 

Yes I am so relieved... everyone was like you have tons of time to decide... but they don't really understand how it works and I tend to obsess over things if I know a decision needs to made at some point. So I am just super excited to have the decision made and now we can just focus on the details of that resort! Woohoo!

yeah for us we started talking to our TA in July, then we finally chose a resort in October and then paid our deposits and sent out invites in November exactly one year before the wedding, I skipped STD I didnt really get it, I knew all the details so I did the invites, and it was exactly what I wanted just under 1500 a person and a year to pay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×