Photo

Asian Bridal Make-Up

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
  • 360 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

I was just wondering if there are past bride or future brides have suggestions for hair and make-up artist in the area. I've heard good reviews for a couple artists, but none if their portfolios showed Asian brides, and I know that we have different facial features that require different style. I'd love to see pictures if you have any. Thanks!

#2 mandjphoto

mandjphoto
    • 89 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

Hello Future Mrs Warner,

We have worked with several Asian brides. This bride used Anne Marie Cot© from www.makemebeautifulbride.com

She looked fabulous.

This bride used Melissa from MVP.

Both artists were great.

Good luck,

Jennifer

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

hola - several of our Asian brides have used Adrien for their hair + makeup -  with great results.Here's his contact info *

wishing you happy planning, and have the most amazing wedding of your dreams! Enjoy :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :) 

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 JennAndTom

JennAndTom
        • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Hi Future Mrs Warner,

I am the first bride in the response from M and J Photo. I used Anne Marie for the wedding and my cenote TTD session and she was incredible. She and her team were very professional (I hired her to do my hair and makeup, and her junior stylist to do my two bridesmaids' hair and makeup) and as you can see from the pictures, did a great job. She used airbrush waterproof makeup from Make Up Forever - it stayed on all night and also again throughout the underwater TTD session. She's originally from Quebec (as are my husband and I) so we really hit it off. She's based on Isla Mujeres (a little island just off of Cancun) but I am sure that she'd be willing to come to you. I don't wear makeup on a daily basis, have straight short lashes and a monolid so I was also concerned about finding someone who would know how to work with my face, and she made me look amazing and natural on the big day. I took a chance and didn't do a trial session, but I did send her lots of pictures of things I liked and didn't ahead of time, and I also went to her salon the day before to have my nails done, so we were able to have a more in-depth chat about what I liked and didn't. She wanted to Skype with me ahead of time but the timing just didn't work out. Anyway, I highly recommend her and feel free to message me if you have any other questions.

Jenn

#5 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
          • 360 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

Thanks for the advice Jenn. I will have to take a look at the website again. It's always more reassuring to hear from past brides that they had a positive experience with the vendors.

#6 JennAndTom

JennAndTom
            • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

You're welcome - I totally understand how you feel! I wish I'd found this website before my wedding :)

#7 jrack

jrack
              • 235 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Thanks for asking the questions! I've been having the same trouble looking for artists experienced with asian features!

#8 Lyman

Lyman
                • 262 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

I just LUV how everyone comes together in this forum and helps each other out......what a Great community!  It's like the excitement of getting married and planning the Big Day feels like the "christmas spirit" all the time :)  way to work together everyone.......wishing you all the BEst ! 

#9 jrack

jrack
                  • 235 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

Hi ladies, 

has anyone booked with http://www.yucatanha...ir/Welcome.html

yucantan hair? They prices are decent and they come to you! I jut wanted to see if anyone have good or bad reviews for them?

They quoted me:

PACKAGES

Bridal hair and Make up $180

Bridesmaid Hair and Make up $140

TIA

#10 hummingbird567

hummingbird567
                    • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

I am planning my wedding now at the moment and have decided on Mahekal, Playa del Carmen and I am going to have yucatanhair doing my hair and make up. My sister got married last year at Taninah, and we had them do hair and air brush make up for us and we were very happy. The prices are reasonable and the service and results were great. They have a couple of pictures of Asian brides on their website gallery http://www.yucatanha...ir/Gallery.html  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users