198 replies to this topic

#181 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
  • 198 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Hyatt Zilara/Gran Caribe Real
  • LocationCancun

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:42 AM

any of the brides who got married here in 2014 and came back already can share their experiences? :) we would love to hear it!! :)

#182 beachgirl14

beachgirl14
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:34 PM

For any brides looking for a photographer, I sincerely do not recommend Ivan Luckie.  You will only see very positive reviews on this site and even a few other sites, but I do believe that they are either falsified or the negative ones are deleted altogether because my experience was nothing like what I read in the reviews.  Anyway, if you would like more information, feel free to message me.  Hope this helps as I would've wanted to get this information when I was researching for my wedding.

#183 beachgirl14

beachgirl14
    • 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:09 PM

Sorry, I sent the message before finishing what I wanted to say...basically, the pictures took 6 months and the video took 9 months and for as long as I had to wait, the pictures did not wow me and the video was very poor in quality--the sound was not consistent throughout, the scenes were choppy, and the camera shook a lot making it look like an amateur video.  I was very disappointed because the guys were all very nice and I expected to be much happier than I was. 

#184 hellosassypants

hellosassypants
      • 146 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

Hi everyone! I'm a super newbie!! My date is August 8th 2015 at 4pm.  I have Katia as my wedding planner at the GCR Catholic Chapel! I'm so thrilled!! We just hired Carlos Gallardo for our cinematography!!!! Looking for any future 2015 brides!!!! 

I am a future 2015 Bride at Gran Caribe Real. Katia is also my wedding planner too. I am looking forward to hear everyone's experience. :) 

N&C

April 17, 2015

Gran Caribe Real (Cancun, Mexico)

Including Bride & Groom: 22 guests (19 adults & 3 children)

#185 Mikecantarell

Mikecantarell

Insiders

• Insiders
      • 338 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:34 AM

Hello Ladies,

We were part of a great wedding @Gran Caribe Real, it was really great being part of a Hindu Wedding, here you have a same day edit. Take a look at it

#186 lidy22

lidy22
        • 9 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 25, 2015
        • LocationGran Caribe Real

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:55 PM

Hello Brides!   my wedding is two months away :)  Super excited but also busy!   I was wondering what flower shop any recent brides have used recently.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated, Thanks and happy planning! 

#187 hellosassypants

hellosassypants
        • 146 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:02 AM

Hello Brides!   my wedding is two months away :)  Super excited but also busy!   I was wondering what flower shop any recent brides have used recently.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated, Thanks and happy planning! 

Aww yay! I'm so excited to see another GCR bride.  :) I would love to hear your experience when your special day comes.

N&C

April 17, 2015

#188 lidy22

lidy22
        • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

Have any of you ladies had any trouble with your wedding coordinators lately?! I can't seem to catch a break , I'm less than a month away for my wedding and still have no on-site wedding cordinator , yikes ! Hopefully that changes soon...

#189 hellosassypants

hellosassypants
        • 146 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:09 PM

Have any of you ladies had any trouble with your wedding coordinators lately?! I can't seem to catch a break , I'm less than a month away for my wedding and still have no on-site wedding cordinator , yikes ! Hopefully that changes soon...

They didn't assign a wedding coordinator for you? I haven't heard from mine since we paid off our wedding balance. That was in NOV! She tells me to use their Base Camp website but I have no luck with that. I always have to send her an email which she responds pretty quickly. I have some emails if you want to try to contact them.

N&C

April 17, 2015

#190 lidy22

lidy22
        • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

They didn't assign a wedding coordinator for you? I haven't heard from mine since we paid off our wedding balance. That was in NOV! She tells me to use their Base Camp website but I have no luck with that. I always have to send her an email which she responds pretty quickly. I have some emails if you want to try to contact them.

I did get one assigned, but once you are a month away they switch you to one that is actually at the resort. I assume that the ones that everyone gets are just general planers for all the real resorts. I've been communicating with mine through basecamp app and it's an awesome app, but I missed all the deadlines because she is so unresponsive, hopefully I get the other planner soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users