Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#4661 Brenners

Brenners
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

Ligthweight is definitely a must!  I love Pronovias but ended up a Casablanca bride.  You just never know which dress is the one!

Originally Posted by WPGBride 

Yes it is Pronovias, Alma. Love Love Love it and its also light weight so I wont sweat to death in the heat. I am still looking for a a cocktail dress for the reception but haven't quite found the look I want yet.

#4662 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

isn't that the truth Brenners?? I loved Maggie, and I loved Justin Alexander. Neither of them loved me very much. Sophia Tolli on the other hand hit a home run, and so I'm a Sophia bride! Funny enough...I almost didn't even try on my dress b/c it looked boring and plain on the hanger. Glad my friend talked me into trying it! 

Originally Posted by Brenners 

Ligthweight is definitely a must!  I love Pronovias but ended up a Casablanca bride.  You just never know which dress is the one!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#4663 Brenners

Brenners
    • 807 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

Lol AllieH!  There were many dresses I loved in photos and on the hanger that did not love me at all!  One of the designers was at the boutique when I came in to try on dresses and the sales staff kept trying to put me in her gowns and all of them looked horrible on me!  The dresses were lovely but just not meant for me.  That poor designer was probably heartbroken to see her designs on me when she envisioned them on a size 0 when she designed them!

Originally Posted by AllieH 

isn't that the truth Brenners?? I loved Maggie, and I loved Justin Alexander. Neither of them loved me very much. Sophia Tolli on the other hand hit a home run, and so I'm a Sophia bride! Funny enough...I almost didn't even try on my dress b/c it looked boring and plain on the hanger. Glad my friend talked me into trying it! 

#4664 cdc150

cdc150
      • 332 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

My dress came in this week and I finally got to try it on!  Excuse the seamstress holding my dress in behind me me in my dress.JPG

#4665 AllieH

AllieH
        • 2,014 posts
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

gorgeous!!!!!!!! I think you should bring the seamstress along too hehehe 

My dress came in this week and I finally got to try it on!  Excuse the seamstress holding my dress in behind me me in my dress.JPG

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

#4666 AllieH

AllieH
        • 2,014 posts
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

oh mercy, that would have been extra frustrating! and I have to say I like dresses when they AREN'T on models much better. 

Originally Posted by Brenners 

Lol AllieH!  There were many dresses I loved in photos and on the hanger that did not love me at all!  One of the designers was at the boutique when I came in to try on dresses and the sales staff kept trying to put me in her gowns and all of them looked horrible on me!  The dresses were lovely but just not meant for me.  That poor designer was probably heartbroken to see her designs on me when she envisioned them on a size 0 when she designed them!

#4667 Brenners

Brenners
        • 807 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

cdc150 that is a beautiful dress and you look so happy!  Clearly the one by the look on your face!  Congrats!  

#4668 AD2012

AD2012
          • 240 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

You’re glowing! This dress is great on you!

Originally Posted by cdc150 

#4669 lvietti

lvietti
            • 115 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

You look amazing! It's perfect!

#4670 elissae

elissae
              • 631 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
              • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by maridr2012 

@ Elissae:  That is a gorgeous dress!!!  Very similar to the style that I'd like to get, mermaid or trumpet with lace AND ruffles.  Could you share the designer and style name?    I'm going to Kleinfeld's in NYC tomorrow with my mom to look for a dress!  I am so excited, I booked the appointment 3 months ago.  I don't think I'll make a purchase tomorrow, but I have a feeling that I'll def find something there since they have so many choices.  At least when I am actually ready to make a purchase in late February I'll know exactly what I'm getting.  

Hi Maridr2012...sorry it took me so mlong to get back to you.  I was away for a long weekend.  The dress is Paloma Blanca #4115.  How did you make out at Kleinfeld's????  Did you say yes to the dress?  LOL - love that show!  Been dvr'ing & watching all the episodes.

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users