Jump to content

Photo

Official OCTOBER 2013 BRIDES


  • Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#11 nbateman

nbateman
  • Jr. Member
  • 280 posts

    Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

    Originally Posted by missroxy 

    I have one bridesmaid dress to buy too (my sister MOH) ... and she look AWFUL in coral lol so I'm gonna go with pink either flashy or pale we'll see ! We're going to drive to the nearest david's bridal in a couple of weeks and look at all the colors on her skin, after her dress is bought I'm going to know my wedding colors ! I gave FI the choice of a gray or sand suit, and he said gray. So I'm adding silver as a color as well ! I really liked the silver and coral together but oh well. Pink and silver is very pretty too :) As for theme, we don't have one. I really like starfish too, and palm trees. I just want the wedding to have a nice - elegant feeling. Nothing too tacky or cheesy :)

     

    As for the napkins - you are so right ! Nobody will remember the color of those lol and that's true for so many other things I was stressing about :)

     

    275 days to go !!! (277 for you ;)

     

    If I understand well, you have 24 people who already have put a deposit down, and you didn't even send the invitation yet ?! WOW that's so nice !!!

     

    Have you gone dress shopping yet ?

    Yea we only had so many people book already because we had a guaranteed group rate for 30 days and I was scared the rate would go up after the 30 days so I told everyone that we didn't know what was going to happen.  Luckily the rate has stayed the same after the 30 days was up and we have some people who I know wanna go but haven't booked yet.  When are you sending out your invitations?

     

    I just checked with AirTran this morning to see if the flights were up but October shows up in the drop down but no flights available yet.  Should be soon!!!  If you have more than 10 people that may be leaving on the same date you can check with them to get a group rate so when the flights are available and I hear back from them I'll let you know what the rate is for my group.  I think think we'll be in that cheaper rate category though because we're staying longer than anyone else in our party and aren't leaving on the same flight. 

     

    I have gone dress shopping.  I went to the bridal show in Baltimore and got a $50 David's bridal coupon which expired 10/31 so I went and got my dress before it expired, haha : ) love using coupons! It was retail 499 then was on sale for 450 and with my coupon it was only 400.  I did tell her my budget was $1000 but she picked it for me and I was honestly chocked at the service level there.  I went in with really low expectations and came out with my dress! It's a strapless chiffon flowy dress, I'd pull it up to send you a link my the FI is sitting right here.  Have you been shopping yet?

     

    Happy New year! Yep, 9 more months!!!



    #12 Marymack

    Marymack
    • Jr. Member
    • 414 posts

      Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

      I would like to see your dress as well,please post picture when you can.....

      #13 missroxy

      missroxy
      • Jr. Member
      • 178 posts

        Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

        I did got quoted for a couple of resorts back in August when we got engaged to give me an idea and help me chose the resort ! They quoted me 1300 ish per person for 7 nights (flight and all Inclusive) and for every 10 booked, I was getting 1 free. Now, I was planning on getting new quotes from 2-3 airlines in March-April and from there send my invites. I wish I could read in the future and know what would be the best time to ask again for quotes !!!!  Anyways, I know it won't be under 1200 for sure, ever ! I looked at prices for this winter (Fi and I wanted to go visit the place) and they sell for 1900-2000$ per person per week... so let's just say that we won't get to visit the place !!! 

         

        As for the dress, nope did not go shopping yet... I should start.. maybe in February.. I told you that nothing was done on my side lolol ! 

         

        I would love to see your dress ! Did you knew in advance what style you wanted ?



        #14 ChantaleN

        ChantaleN
        • Newbie
        • 11 posts

          Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

          Hi ladies!

           

          I am planning on being an October bride if everything goes as planned. Still awaiting on some quotes from my travel agent as well as the resort we're wanting to go to! I'm in Ottawa and we're planning to be married at the Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana, most likely October 12, 2013!

           

          Still haven't gone dress shopping...I'm hoping to lose a couple pounds (I'll just be honest), and I'm thinking of having either aqua blue or hot pink as my colors...still no sure!

           

          Looking forward to knowing you ladies as our special day approaches :)!



          #15 missroxy

          missroxy
          • Jr. Member
          • 178 posts

            Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

            Originally Posted by ChantaleN 

            Hi ladies!

             

            I am planning on being an October bride if everything goes as planned. Still awaiting on some quotes from my travel agent as well as the resort we're wanting to go to! I'm in Ottawa and we're planning to be married at the Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana, most likely October 12, 2013!

             

            Still haven't gone dress shopping...I'm hoping to lose a couple pounds (I'll just be honest), and I'm thinking of having either aqua blue or hot pink as my colors...still no sure!

             

            Looking forward to knowing you ladies as our special day approaches :)!

            phew I thought I was the only one that needed to lose a couple pounds LOL !! I'm having hot pink-fushia for sure as color, but I just read somewhere that normally you need 3 colors, 2 main and 1 accent. So I'm thinking hot pink ,coral and gray-silver. Not sure how that's going to look ?! I'm gonna keep on searching online for inspiration pictures.. 

             

            Next Thursday I'm going dress shopping for my sister's dress (MOH) , I might try a couple of wedding dresses because I really have no idea what style I want, that way I'll be able to eliminate some styles.. and when I go officially dress shopping with my mom and mother in law it will hopefully be easier :)



            #16 Dondon84

            Dondon84
            • Newbie
            • 51 posts

              Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

              Hi, Congratulations everyone, I am an October 2013 bride. We will be getting married on 11th October at the moon palace resort and spa, cancun Happy planning xxxx

              #17 ChantaleN

              ChantaleN
              • Newbie
              • 11 posts

                Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

                Originally Posted by missroxy 

                phew I thought I was the only one that needed to lose a couple pounds LOL !! I'm having hot pink-fushia for sure as color, but I just read somewhere that normally you need 3 colors, 2 main and 1 accent. So I'm thinking hot pink ,coral and gray-silver. Not sure how that's going to look ?! I'm gonna keep on searching online for inspiration pictures.. 

                 

                Next Thursday I'm going dress shopping for my sister's dress (MOH) , I might try a couple of wedding dresses because I really have no idea what style I want, that way I'll be able to eliminate some styles.. and when I go officially dress shopping with my mom and mother in law it will hopefully be easier :)


                Haha oh SO not the only one. Pretty sure people who don't need to lose weight want to anyways for their wedding! I love the hot pinl...I hadn't head that about the 3 colors....doesn't white count as one? Especially when getting married down south where a lot of the decorations (like on gazebos and chairs) is white. Hummmm...I'll have to think about it some more for sure!

                 

                Hope you find the right dress for your sister! You should so try some on...I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to resist should I be in a bridal store...haha!!!



                #18 missroxy

                missroxy
                • Jr. Member
                • 178 posts

                  Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

                  Originally Posted by Dondon84 

                  Hi,
                  Congratulations everyone,
                  I am an October 2013 bride. We will be getting married on 11th October at the moon palace resort and spa, cancun
                  Happy planning xxxx

                  Hi Dondon ! Congratulations to you too :)

                   

                  How is your planning going ?



                  #19 nbateman

                  nbateman
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 280 posts

                    Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

                    Originally Posted by ChantaleN 


                    Haha oh SO not the only one. Pretty sure people who don't need to lose weight want to anyways for their wedding! I love the hot pinl...I hadn't head that about the 3 colors....doesn't white count as one? Especially when getting married down south where a lot of the decorations (like on gazebos and chairs) is white. Hummmm...I'll have to think about it some more for sure!

                     

                    Hope you find the right dress for your sister! You should so try some on...I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to resist should I be in a bridal store...haha!!!

                    Glad to see some more bride to be's on here for October!! Congrats everyone!!

                     

                    I've already lost 60lbs (luckily before the engagement, so that totally took off the pressure), but still wanna lose more so the fiance and I are starting up tomorrow.  Holidays have been rough so I need to cut back a ton!  Already got rid of the desserts in the house and have been prepping a grocery list for meals for the week.  Prep is key ladies!

                     

                    Here's my dress, I have to say it looks so much better in person! wanted something flowy but needed the structure at the top because I don't wanna look preggers! lol!!

                    http://www.davidsbri...lhouette-A-Line

                     

                    You can even try on bridesmaid dresses if you're looking to change into a short dress after the ceremony! I was in my best friend's wedding in October and loved the dress so much that I just ordered it in ivory!  This is the short dress I ordered.  Of course, we paid over $200 in the store, but I don't care where it comes from or if its a replica or whatever, as long as it comes!

                    http://www.houseofbr...-4-8-63238.aspx

                     

                    Congrats missroxy on 150 posts!!!!



                    #20 missroxy

                    missroxy
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 178 posts

                      Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

                      I like both of your dresses, perfect for the beach and you won't get too hot !

                       

                      woohoo 60lbs that's amazing !!!! I started my "diet/plan" last week.. I only lost 1lbs :( frustrating, I kinda wish it would go down to my ideal weight overnight, but I guess it's better to do it the healthy way and keep the weight off after! I've got about 25lbs to lose...






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users