Tips for a Glamorous Wedding on a Budget
1. A monochromatic color scheme ups the glam quotient.
Try a bold, bright hue like red to make a major statement.
2. Don't have the budget for full-on
Weave wide grosgrain ribbon through the backs of reception chairs for a softer, polished look.
3. All it takes is one standout glass to make a specialty cocktail, well, special. Ditto the glassware on the reception tables. Choose a rental company with lots of options, and add a colored glass to each place setting as an easy way to bring depth to your tablescape.
4. Take a cue from the silver screen with dramatic black&white photography. This shots make everything and everyone appear more chic.
5. Bring on the bubbly! After all, nothing says festive like Champagne. And it can serve a dual purpose, too: A vintage wine bucket with a bottle of the French fizz can make an inexpensive centerpiece, and a tower of coupe glasses lends drama.
6. Let balloons rise to the occasion as a simple yet stylish
way to fill a big space. The secret to a grown-up look? A simple color palette. Attach them to ribbons to make garlands for the ceiling.
7. If you have the budget, do away with the deejay and opt instead for a live band to give your party a spontaneity that can't be bought with canned music.
8. Bid farewell in
style with a candlelit path leading from the reception site. It lends just the right amount of romance, and simple glass containers holding candles are affordable as well as safe.