alternative bachlorette party ideas?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:12 PM

I am not really into the normal bachlorette party. I don't want to wear a tiara and a sash and get in a limo and go to a bar and be the center of attention. I am a much happier person when I am with people close to me. I always knew I wouldn't want the regular party and am trying to think up alternatives.

I am all about the drinks, so don't get me wrong there! The only things that I can come up with are:

1. Scrapbooking party - (we have a local shop who closes down and allows alcohol) I vetoed this for me, b/c I am going to have my friends all scrapbook 2 pages to compile into a book at my shower.

2. Pottery Party - I think this is what I am leaning towards. Renting out a pottery place and having all my friends that care to come paint a dish or vase or something for me and Matt, then the store fires it and we will always have it!

If anyone else has any other ideas to add, please let me know!

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:13 PM

we did spa weekend for my best friend's wedding. we all chipped in to rent a cabin for the weekend, brought up some food, drinks, etc. and some silly games. and then we went to the spa one day. it was friggin' awesome!

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:14 PM

or you could do a wine tasting. many liquor stores offer this service (they can come to your house), or at a restaurant.

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:15 PM

That does sound awesome. All my friends have or will have young children by then, and they all live over an hour away from me. I do love that idea and was going to do something like that for the ones that travel to Jamaica with me, but I think I need something easier (cheaper and less time!) for my bach party.

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:16 PM

Well now, there's an option! I love me some wine!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by akh
            or you could do a wine tasting. many liquor stores offer this service (they can come to your house), or at a restaurant.

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:16 PM

oh yea - everyone there had kids ... and it was a great excuse to have a kid-free weekend for them. the kids all got daddy time! lol the hour away thing would post a problem, unless you could all meet centrally.

#7 KarlaV

KarlaV
              • 171 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:35 PM

When I was planning my friend Bachelorette party I looked into all us girls taking a Stripping class. This was in Vegas, so of course there were plenty of options! But it sounded like fun, and something just for the girls.
                Karla&Ronnie
                Wedding Slideshow
                Engagement Slideshow
                May 5, 2007Westin Resort and Spa Los CabosCustom Stationery and Wedding Invitations

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:42 PM

We did a pre-bachelorette party in June at a road-race course where we camped and watched the races. I even got a strip tease from a race car driver at our campsite that night and later a cop 'pretend' arrested me and came back later for a 'handcuff' strip-tease (all very innocent -- but very fun). My MOH husband stayed with us too b/c I am close to him as well and he was our 'chef.'

For my regular bachelorette party, we are renting an oceanfront house in my favorite little NC fishing town (my uncle lives there). We're going to go carter fishing and then cook up the fish for a big dinner before we go out one night. We can walk everywhere in this town and it's very laid back (mostly locals, who I know from hanging out w/ my uncle so much) so even going out won't be 'bachelorette-y'.

I told my BM I'm not wearing a veil, sash, any of that crap. :-)

Tom is going to Atlantic City -- he wanted something cheesier than Vegas!

#9 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                  • VIP Member
                  • 11,403 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:44 PM

My MOH put together a wine tasting adventure for mine. It was really fun & different than the normal gig.

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:44 PM

Tami, I want to come to your party! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users