Photo

Jack and Jill/Stag and Doe before a destination wedding?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 rvalenka

rvalenka
  • 353 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 19, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
  • LocationLexington, Kentucky, United States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

I've never heard of these parties before. I really like the idea of using the funds for an excision for everyone though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 candle23

candle23
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

My fiancé and I are also on the fence. He is from Ontario where stag and does are common, and I had never even heard of one before! His family has suggested it since we don't live in Ontario and I haven't even met a lot of his family and they most likely won't be attending the wedding. They thought it would be a good way to meet and let them feel like they are a part if the festivities. Since I haven't met so many people I would rather something that is co ed so we can both attend and visit with family and friends...thoughts anyone??

#13 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
  • 197 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

A stag and doe to me always seemed like a cash grab!  (just my opinion)  I realize that its to help the bride and groom pay for the wedding but if your already giving a gift it just strikes me as tacky asking your guest to also help pay for the wedding.

But its also different for everyone..for some people its common practice to have a stag and doe .

But I will say that you should NEVER invite people to your stag and doe who you are not inviting to your wedding!! It just seems rude to me. 

as for @candle23..If you just want to have a party so everyone can meet and mingle, why not just have an engagement party?!? 

#14 kellymiller

kellymiller
  • 238 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Palm Beach Dominican Republic
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

I agree! I feel like it is tacky asking the guests for more money, especially if you are inviting people who aren't invited to the wedding!

#15 Kardev

Kardev
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

Good idea to divide the money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users