Photo

Anyone planning a Kauai wedding?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JanaBrooke

JanaBrooke
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:35 PM

Hi, I am planning a wedding for late February 2009 in Kauai. I wanted to book The Beach House Restaurant, but they don't have my date available that I inquired about. I really like Poipu/Koloa area, on the south shore. Anyone have suggestions for other locations? and I need a coordinator! Any referrals? Thank you!

#2 Chiquita

Chiquita
    • 2,674 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:24 PM

Holy.. they don't have your date available and it's in 2009? That's crazy! Sorry I can't really help you with your questions though.. :)

#3 JanaBrooke

JanaBrooke
      • 82 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:27 PM

Yah I know! I was shocked.

#4 gwynemark

gwynemark
        • 96 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:16 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JanaBrooke
          Hi, I am planning a wedding for late February 2009 in Kauai. I wanted to book The Beach House Restaurant, but they don't have my date available that I inquired about. I really like Poipu/Koloa area, on the south shore. Anyone have suggestions for other locations? and I need a coordinator! Any referrals? Thank you!

Hey Jana, we live in Florida now but I grew up in Hawaii. There is a great place there in Kauai thats common for wedding parties and its fabulous. The food is great, prices are fair and the location is wonderful. Sit outside on the patio and you get a beautiful scene right out of a movie. Here is the link.

Keoki's Paradise Restaurant and Bar - Poipu Restaurant

Good luck!

Take Care
          Gwyne and Mark
          Our Site

#5 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:45 PM

Hi Gwyne! I saw that you said you grew up in Hawaii - which island? We are getting married next year on Molokai - do you have any advice or helpful info?

thanks!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by gwynemark
            Hey Jana, we live in Florida now but I grew up in Hawaii. There is a great place there in Kauai thats common for wedding parties and its fabulous. The food is great, prices are fair and the location is wonderful. Sit outside on the patio and you get a beautiful scene right out of a movie. Here is the link.

Good luck!

Take Care
            Gwyne and Mark
            Our Site

#6 gwynemark

gwynemark
            • 96 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:35 PM

Hi MRs B....actually, I am the one who lived in Hawaii (Mark) but it was on Oahu. However, I have been to Molokai a few times. THe north shore is by far the most scenic with some amazing/breathtaking views and sea cliffs. However, if you want privacy or atleast smaller crowds on the beaches, stick to the western side of the island. Papohaku Beach is really a great place for a wedding due to the fact there are not many tourists in that area and the locals do not frequent the beach too often. GOogle it and see what comes up.

Good luck!

Mark and of course, Gwyne!
              Our Site

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:54 PM

Thanks Mark! We actually did a buy out at the Lodge at Molokai Ranch so we are planning on having all of our events there!

Thanks for the info :)

#8 JanaBrooke

JanaBrooke
                • 82 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:15 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by gwynemark

Good luck!

Take Care
                  Gwyne and Mark
                  Our Site
                  Thank you so much for the tip!! I am definitely going to look into Keokis!!

#9 JanaBrooke

JanaBrooke
                  • 82 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:47 AM

I feel so silly! We ate there like twice when we visited last February! We stayed across the street at the Kiahuna Plantation!! Awesome food and thank you so much for triggering my memory!! What a great place for my welcome party!!

#10 gwynemark

gwynemark
                    • 96 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:17 AM

Great! Glad I could help. I have not been there for quite a long time but I am sure it hasnt changed much. By the way, if you can avoid the rain, February is a great month to be there. Just keep in mind....if it does rain, be ready with your photog once the rain diminishes...the rainbows after a shower there can be quite breathtaking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users