2013 Excellence Punta Cana brides!?!?!?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 lcormeny

• 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

Hi Ladies!! 

What is everyone doing for music? We were hoping to put together our own iPod playlist for the reception.  However, they stated that it would cost $380 for the use of the speakers during the reception.  Is anyone bringing speakers or any other ideas?! 

How about wearing shoes during your beach ceremony....has anyone gotten their feet scorched!?

#32 amylouise

• 34 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

We're bringing a Bose speaker with us and doing an ipod playlist. We'll probably have a guest be the MC so that we can have smooth transitions.

I don't recall it being $380 for the speakers, what if you just want to use them for the ceremony?

Wearing flat sandals for the ceremony!

#33 amylouise

• 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hello ladies. We are booking over 20 rooms with the excellence, although separately as some folks will be flying in from different places. Did any of you get a discount or upgrade on your bride and groom room? I know that you get the smallest wedding package free (worth $850) but I did feel that they would be more generous if you were bringing a lot of guests. Even to throw something in fr free like a welcome dinner, but nothing! Am I being unreasonable? I just keep seeing all these deals where the bride and groom stay for free and am wondering if we got shafted.

#34 JennelleRM

• 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hi All, We are looking at Nov 2014. We will be visiting this Nov to be sure. I'm working with a travel agent to be sure we get good deals and upgrades, etc.

Does anyone have the cake catalog?

I'll be checking back for your feedback after your weddings!

#35 MrsJoeGerber

• 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

We are also getting married at Excellence on October 26, 2013. Seems like the date to have, since someone in my bridal party met a group going down for a wedding that week as well. Can't wait!

#36 Heather22

• 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hi Ladies - anyone still following this thread that got married at the Excellence Punta Cana this year or is about to?  I am starting to plan a wedding there and would appreciate it immensely if I could chat with any of you regarding your experience!

We've been to this resort for vacation before and LOVED it so I am confident that it can be wonderful but I am finding that the communication is a bit inconsistent from the WCs there.

Look forward to hearing from some of you!

#37 Heather22

• 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

How much time did you ladies give yourself for planning and to give your guests a Save the Date?  Sounds like you don't need much time to plan with Excellence as it's mostly done two months prior.  Did anyone give their guests about a 6 month notice and have a good showing?

thank you!

#38 JennelleRM

• 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Ok, there were 2 of you that just got married there!!! Let's hear it! I hope you both had a magical time!

I want all of the details and pictures!!!

Congratulations, and thank you in advance,

#39 kellisbaby

• 238 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 12, 2015
                  • Wedding Location:Excellence Punta Cana
                  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'd very  much appreciate past Excellence PC brides coming back and letting us know how their wedding was.  I'm in the process of booking for Jan 2015 and have so many questions!

#40 bethb731

• 3 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Excellence Resort
                  • LocationPunta Cana

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

I am hoping to book for 12-13-14 I noticed they have changed their photographer to Beach Wedding Studio but since I had seen so many beautiful pictures taken with the old photographer (Photo Souvenir I believe) I inquired what the cost would be to have them take the pictures. it was a $500 fee to the Resort and you also have to pay for a day pass for the photographer(s) - I think im better off getting a package from their photographer! For any brides that already went - what is your suggestion about what to order for pictures? also, do they play music for a beach wedding? we kind of have "walk in" song and "walk out" songs - but I don't think we will be bringing along any speakers....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users