Photo

Reno or Tahoe thrift store?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:05 PM

What are my chances of find a thrift store in Tahoe or Reno area? I will need to buy some vases and might either buy them from a thrift store or donate them so I don't have to haul them home.

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:16 PM

oh yes, are you kidding. We actually have a place called Savers (they have a few stores). Personally not my favorite place but a thrift store none the less, also plenty of $1 stores
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 JessicaM

JessicaM
    • Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:25 PM

There are plenty of thrift stores here in Reno and probably a couple in Tahoe as well. Savers like Christine said you can donate back to them if you want, their selection is hard because its just based on what is in the store...not very consistent. Ross, Marshalls are also good places to get vases for cheap here too!

#4 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:32 PM

I knew you would help me!! I just couldn't find any info and we have Savers here too--kind of dirty but worth the savings. Thanks. Glad to hear about the dollar stores too.

#5 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:04 PM

there is a great TJ Maxx in south reno near Meadowood Mall (its on Kietzke and McCarren/South Virginia Street).
        I have spent a lot of money at that one, and in the same parking lot is a wal-mart, sam's club, micheals, marshall's and so many more. Basically everything you could need is in South Reno about 5 miles before you go up the mountain.
        when it gets closer I can give you better directions.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users