Photo

Majestic Elegance 2013photgraphers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Futuremillers

Futuremillers
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hi their fellow glowing brides! I was wondering the opinions of the on site photographers. :confused: does any one have examples and names ??? My wedding is on the beach at 7pm May 17th, 2013 and dinner at the Sea & See at 8:00.

#2 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
    • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Futuremillers 

Hi their fellow glowing brides! I was wondering the opinions of the on site photographers. does any one have examples and names My wedding is on the beach at 7pm May 17th, 2013 and dinner at the Sea & See at 8:00.

Congrats!!.. Mine is May 29th, 2013 6:00 at the Gazebo and dinner at the Steakhouse 8:00.. But after seeing pictures of S&S I'm having 2nd thoughts. :o(

I know some great photogs after much research... they aren't on site persay, they live in Canada but ME does not charge them vendor fee's since they stay at ME for their stay in Punta Cana and they do a ton of weddings there. :o)

Here is my email from Jamie Dimitry, but the other two gave me the same exact info. There photos and edit styles are all mostly the same also.

"I normally charge 2600 that includes, that includes a full day day wedding shoot, fro around 10-11am till 11pm, guys, girls getting ready, ceremony, family pictures, wedding party, bride and groom, beach pictures, dinner and party pictures, I also do a slide show on my Mac for the evening when the party is going. You normally get 700 plus pictures on DVD all edited and colour corrected and high res. Now for the trash the dress it can be done the day after in the afternoon or the day after that. You get about 3 hours of photography on the beach and in the jungle, which in the end you get around 170 plus pictures all edited and high res on DVD too.

Since I'm down there I would waive my travel and also to note that you don't have to pay an extra 300 that the resort charges for outside photographers, because I stay at the majestic."

Jamie Dimitry

Phil Steingard

Michael Steingard

We wanted Phil, but he's not available on our date.. So now we are trying to decide between Phil and Michael..

#3 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
      • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Sorry, I meant trying to decide between Jamie and Michael.. To me Jamie has been the most friendly and helpful, you'll notice he also has a lot of insite on our Majestic Elegance facebook page. :o)

#4 Tink

Tink
        • 160 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

We booked HDC, their prices are great, and have gotten nothing but great reviews. They're also very quick to respond and can customize packages to what you would like to purchase. The resort does charge a $300 fee for them though.

#5 DestinationGirl

DestinationGirl
          • 166 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

We picked PhotoSouvenir. I really liked the work I saw on their website. We, however, do have to pay the $300 fee.

The amount that you want to spend on your photos is dependant on how many photos you want/how many hours the photographer will be working - so if you only want photos from your ceremony and on - it may not be so expensive because your ceremony starts at 7pm.

#6 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
            • 1,350 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

just an update... we went with Jamie Dimitry. :o)

#7 Ty Roane

Ty Roane
              • 160 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

I recently talked to Pascal with Cariibean Emotions and he gave great quotes and info.  We are likely only using them for video and TTD because we are bringing our photographers from home. 

#8 Mady28

Mady28
                • 164 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 28, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Huracan Cafe
                • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Hey MissBubbles205,

What is the website for Phil Steingard? I'm having difficulty finding creative photographers, and whenI thought I found the one I wanted, turns out they will not be available for my date.

#9 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
                • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

Who is everyone using for their video?   I'm thinking Diego with CorresFilms, but curious if there are other great options. We want a good quality video and nothing cheesy or with us just standing there.. I've seen some odd videos of one videographer there.. But I forgot whom.

#10 DestinationGirl

DestinationGirl
                  • 166 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

I booked Diego.....I thought hes video's very good and there is no outside vendor fee. Also we asked to get the raw footage...my FI likes to edit videos and stuff - so that way when he has time he can make our own wedding video :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users