alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
  • 562 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

Hello fellow brides!

Just wanted to share my website and get any feedback/suggestions from others who've completed their sites. http://alexisandjoseph.modwedding.com/

Also I only sent out save the dates around 4th of July, but I'm annoyed more people haven't signed the guestbook. LOL.

Would love to see other sites for ideas/inspiration!

#2 Ploman

Ploman
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

I love the website!! You've clearly put a ton of work into planning the wedding and website! 

Don't feel bad that people haven't signed the guestbook, I'm not sure I would have if it was my friends or family, but I definitely would have spent a lot of time reading everything and enjoying the website.

Do you mind if I ask about how you charted a bus/van to do the excursion to Dunn's falls?I'm definitely interested in something like this with my group.

Thanks!

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#3 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
    • 438 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

Great Job!  I think people will sign the guesr book when the wedding gets closer. 

#4 Ploman

Ploman
      • 425 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

The more I think about this, the more jealous I get of your website haha. I really wish I had done something like this... I know it's not too late since my wedding is in January, I just dont want to have to mail out another package to the 100 people coming. But maybe I should anyways with a packing list and some details etc. 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#5 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
        • 562 posts
        • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by jreist 

I love the website!! You've clearly put a ton of work into planning the wedding and website! 

Don't feel bad that people haven't signed the guestbook, I'm not sure I would have if it was my friends or family, but I definitely would have spent a lot of time reading everything and enjoying the website.

Do you mind if I ask about how you charted a bus/van to do the excursion to Dunn's falls?I'm definitely interested in something like this with my group.

Thanks!

Thanks for the compliments! I did spend a lot of time on it, because I'm OCD like that! I haven't booked a bus/van yet for the Dunn's falls excursion-- I'm waiting until I have a headcount. But the Wedding Coordinator at Secrets sent me over a document with a bunch of tours they can book for us through a company they use called Amstar. The tour for Dunn's River was quoted at only $55/person. So, I'd suggest checking with your hotel WC to see if they can give you info on similar packages/tours. OR if you're working with a travel agent they should be able to provide you with some info too. Mine did, but the prices were better through Amstar/the hotel. Good luck!

Originally Posted by jreist 

The more I think about this, the more jealous I get of your website haha. I really wish I had done something like this... I know it's not too late since my wedding is in January, I just dont want to have to mail out another package to the 100 people coming. But maybe I should anyways with a packing list and some details etc. 

Haha I'm sure your site is great as-is!!! You can feel free to borrow things from my site, but don't start all over!

#6 Jenna1511

Jenna1511
        • 209 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

Your website is amazing and I too am slightly jealous because mine is really basic and doesn't have half the info your giving, great job! I love that your guest can RSVP for different wedding events for the weekend! awesome!!

#7 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
          • 562 posts
          • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jenna1511 

Your website is amazing and I too am slightly jealous because mine is really basic and doesn't have half the info your giving, great job! I love that your guest can RSVP for different wedding events for the weekend! awesome!!

So sweet-- thanks!!

#8 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
          • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

Oh my!! I LOVE your site!.. I was happy with mine until you shared yours.. lol.. You did an amazing job!!  

PS.. We have the same TA!  Babs is a sweetheart!

Here is mine.. although you need no inspiration from me.. You'll just get to see how awesome yours really is!! lol

www.weddingwire.com/alexandbritney

#9 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
            • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

I too am unhappy about the lack of signee's to our guestbook.. Especially since it shows it has been viewed over 2500 times!

#10 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
              • 562 posts
              • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

Oh my!! I LOVE your site!.. I was happy with mine until you shared yours.. lol.. You did an amazing job!!  

PS.. We have the same TA!  Babs is a sweetheart!

Here is mine.. although you need no inspiration from me.. You'll just get to see how awesome yours really is!! lol

www.weddingwire.com/alexandbritney

Haha you're funny. I love yours too! Lots of good info and pics, so you can tell you spent time on it. Sometimes I worry I have too much info and no one but me will read it all. This is confirmed by the fact that FI has asked me a question that was clearly answered on the website and I was like "did YOU read it? If you won't even read it no one else is going to!" LOL. Also with your site I like that there's music. My site claims you can add music, but I could only get it to work on the home page and not while browsing the other pages so I gave up. Oh well.

And yes, I love Babs! She's super fast to reply to things and I've even been a bit indecisive on things (I briefly wanted to switch hotels, and had her chasing down deals at the other place, then I decided I wanted to stay but change our room reservation at the first place to a different room) and she's been patient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users