Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Brides 2013

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#11 Laura2013

Laura2013
  • 177 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by jreist 

I've heard that the sun goes down early in Jamaica.. do you think it will be sunset at 5 when you are getting married? 

I would like yo do a cocktail hour, but I think that I read in my contract that it cost so much per person, per hour, for a minimum of 3 hours... Do you know if that is true?

Hey jreist,  I was in Jamaica last March and sunset wasn't til around 7:30-8pm, but not sure if it is different in January. I was hoping for a sunset wedding too but it doesn't look like that is going happen as my time is 5:30pm. I am hoping to get photos on the beach at sunset though.

My contract doesnt list a minimum of 3 hours for a cocktail party. It just says per hour. The only thing that I see that has a minimum of per hour is the DJ for a private reception. On my contract it says DJ & Sound System for Private Reception minimum 3 hours is $450.

#12 Laura2013

Laura2013
    • 177 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by jreist 

OK i re-read my contract and yea there is nothing about that in it.

I think I was looking at this: http://www.weddingsb...ng_packages.htm

There is says that it is minimum of 3 hours for international bar at dinner, no minimum for cocktail hour.

Does anyone know if we can have the bon fire at the Beach resort, or only at the suites/grand?? And I think I read at one point that the bonfire came with a DJ and a bar... I assume those costs are extra? anyone know? 

I'm doing a trash-the-dress, but only because my photographer said she would do it for free as a wedding present. Otherwise I wouldn't have spent any extra money on it. I found a dress from a lady on here, for $50+shipping and it looks similar to my real dress, so I'm happy with that :) 

I am pretty sure you can do a bonfire at the Beach. I asked Trisha and she said yes. I plan on doing one on the night before the wedding (Friday night) with open international bar. I am still not sure about if we are going to have a DJ or Steel Drum Band for the bonfire. The charges for these were listed in an attachment I got with our contract.

#13 LRDubbs

LRDubbs
      • 40 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hi Ladies,

My big day will be next year October 19, 2013. I am a finalist in the AMW Destination Wedding Photography Contest. I am reaching out to you all to vote for me and my fiance (LaShawn and Cedric) in this contest and please  please please share with your friends. The link is below 

https://amwstudios.com/index.php/blog/

Thank you all and I wish you all well in planning for the big day! I just got confirmation from the resort for my day, so now it is full steam ahead! 

Have a great night!! 

#14 Laura2013

Laura2013
        • 177 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

Congratulations! What a beautiful engagment story! I voted for you, good luck!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRDubbs 

Hi Ladies,

My big day will be next year October 19, 2013. I am a finalist in the AMW Destination Wedding Photography Contest. I am reaching out to you all to vote for me and my fiance (LaShawn and Cedric) in this contest and please  please please share with your friends. The link is below 

https://amwstudios.com/index.php/blog/

Thank you all and I wish you all well in planning for the big day! I just got confirmation from the resort for my day, so now it is full steam ahead! 

Have a great night!! 

#15 Ploman

Ploman
          • 425 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

Voted

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#16 Eclazz

Eclazz
            • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Can't wait to share in get info from everyone!

#17 BellaMama214

BellaMama214
              • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

Hey ladies! I'm new at this, so please bare w/ me :)

Anyways Congrats to everyone! My date has been confirmed for July 12, 2013 at the Beach Resort. I have a question...do any of you ladies know how much it is to get a huppah instead of the 'wedding arch" that the package come with? I've seen pics of the arch and it's not cute...lol...the huppah is really pretty though! If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it! I emailed Trisha but still waiting to hear back...  

#18 Ploman

Ploman
                • 425 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

Im pretty sure the Huppa is what comes with the Beach, and the arch is what comes with the Suites and Grand resort. 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#19 BellaMama214

BellaMama214
                  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

hmmm I hope you're right, but in the info the wedding planner sent to me, it def says wedding arch...

#20 albellis

albellis
                    • 146 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

Trisha sent me the Wedding Details form to complete, and it asks whether I want the arch or huppa. I selected huppa. It seems that they give you the choice and there are no additional charges for choosing one or the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users