2013 Majestic Elegance Brides

Originally Posted by chrystine888 View Post

Hay Brit!

I just saw that you decided to go with the Sea and See!  That's awesome!  That's what we're gonna do too!  I thought we might get 50-70 guests, but we are already up to 57 and haven't even sent the formal invitations yet!  I am re-estimating between 75-85 people!  SO, now I need to be extra thoughtful on the OOT bags and guest gifts.  Every dollar item costs me up to $100!  Plus, its making extra costs for the dinner and for the private reception!  YIKES!  My FI is freaking out cause we're trying to save for a house!  LOL!

I just went to TX to visit my MOH.  I wish she lived closer so that she could be more involved, but we were lucky to make a lot of progress this weekend.  We got the date for the Bachelorette/Shower weekend planned for February 21-24 in Atlantic City!  YA HOOOOO!!!!  :-D

I know, I just couldn't turn down that gorgeous view after seeing more pictures.. If the guests don't like the lobster they can make their way to the snack bar after dinner.. Is that rude of me to say? I personally hate fish and only eat crab legs and shrimp, but the S&S is just breathtaking and I have heard the food is amazing.

Oh my goodness!!!!... how have you managed to get your guests on board??  We are expecting maybe 30 or so, some say they are coming even people we didn't expect, but of course I'll have to wait on good numbers once my TA confirms who has booked. I'm hoping people don't wait til last minute to book... :-/   that stinks about the extra costs.. You'll just have to learn to be a frugal shopper and things will work out! :o) One thing I wish I would have done for bags, even thought I love our reusable totes.... (99c at Old Navy) Paper bags! the colored ones or even the welcome to our wedding bags on OrientalTrading.com. they fold flat so easy transport and packing and they will hold enough items as a thank you gift and best of all they are cheap.  Kleenex 8pk for $1, Hand sani 2 for $1, chapstick 3 for $1. all of those items can be found at dollar tree. You can go to Sams/costco and get flavour water packets, gum, and mints. remember it's the thought that counts. and to me these are items I would def want and need while traveling. I have read a ton of times Sunscreen, I know this will add up quick for you even at the price of $1. But if you can wing it I'd suggest sunscreen and aloe from the $1 tree. bottles at the resort are ranged at $10 a bottle.  decorations... take your own and have friends or family not in the wedding party set this up for you. The amount of money you will save will be tremendous! I've tossed and turned it every day and realized it was our best option. the Sea & See is gorgeous itself so maybe some table runners for some color and that's all you really need. I'm buying my own sashes for the ceremony, so I will probably have someone move them to the dinner, just to get extra use out of them.

WOW... that is awesome!!!!! I'm jealous!!.. My girls are all so busy it was all I could do to get 3 of them rounded up for a trip to davids bridal to look at dresses. And my most dependable one lives in my FI's state. It's tough being torn between states.. I was thinking we may just all go out the night before the wedding at ME since we will all be together..

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi girls! I've been stalking these boards for what seems like forever now but I guess it's about time I get more involved! We are getting married on the beach (symbolic ceremony) at 4 p.m. on June 19, 2013. I was contemplating doing a private dinner but after sending out invites and starting to have people book, it's kind of out of the question for us now! We already have 52 guests and we're still 9 months out...way more than I ever thought we would have! It's a little stressful. Anyway, we booked a semi-private dinner at See & Sea at 6 p.m. Now we are trying to decide whether or not we should plan some sort of formal reception, or just have everyone meet at a bar afterward dinner. What is everyone else doing??

Also, does anyone have thoughts on the resort photogs? I really wanted Jamie Dmitry but he is not available on our date. I would love to know what everyone else has planned for photos!

Originally Posted by Ashley25 View Post

Hi girls! I've been stalking these boards for what seems like forever now but I guess it's about time I get more involved! We are getting married on the beach (symbolic ceremony) at 4 p.m. on June 19, 2013. I was contemplating doing a private dinner but after sending out invites and starting to have people book, it's kind of out of the question for us now! We already have 52 guests and we're still 9 months out...way more than I ever thought we would have! It's a little stressful. Anyway, we booked a semi-private dinner at See & Sea at 6 p.m. Now we are trying to decide whether or not we should plan some sort of formal reception, or just have everyone meet at a bar afterward dinner. What is everyone else doing??

Also, does anyone have thoughts on the resort photogs? I really wanted Jamie Dmitry but he is not available on our date. I would love to know what everyone else has planned for photos!

Welcome to the ME forum!  I also highly recommend Majestic Elegance Brides group on facebook.

Lucky you with the earlier time slot!  My wedding is at 6 and dinner at the See & Sea at 8. I don't think we will have enough time after dinner to do a reception, but I look to start looking more into this. We are also planning an AHR around July after our May wedding. We want to do something special for all of our guests that spend the time and money to come, but I'm clueless.. :o( I do however plan to have a welcome dinner the night before the wedding (like a rehearsal dinner) there is where our guests will all get to meet each other and pick up their OOT bags. I originally planned to hand them out as people arrived, but I honestly don't want to go around chasing after people on my vacation. I'm thinking of setting this up at the buffet or the steakhouse. I have read about several ladies doing this and it's all free. :o)

Photogs.. I wanted Phil Steingard. He is absolutely AMAZING!.. But he recommended Michael Steingard and Jamie Dimitry. We went with Jamie and he has been super helpful. They are have the same photog and editing styles and are the same price. No resort fee's as they stay at the resort. So I would highly recommend contacting Michael and Phil. :o)

WELCOME!!!  My wedding is sounding very similar to yours, LOL!  We are getting married on the beach at 5pm.  Then we are going to have dinner at the sea and see at 6:30 and a reception at 8 at the WetBar.  We have about 56 people booked already from the STD's and are planning to send the formal invites in January.  Personally, I think the private dinners are overpriced considering you can get a semi-private one for such a great deal!  I think the private reception prices are reasonable.  We are getting a DJ for $600, and then just need to pay for the venue price plus additional after the 40 people included limit.  I feel like our guests deserve a private party after coming all that way for us!!! ;-)  We are not having an AHR, so that's another reason to splurge a little :-)

We are having one of my friends do all of the photography.  She's a professional photojournalist and does weddings on the side :-)

I just ordered my OOTs!  I have some DIY projects in the near future; I will post pics when I get going!  :-)

Wow Chrystine, we basically do have the same plans!! I'm thinking about doing some sort of reception at the resort also because I feel like with as many people as we're going to have, we need to do something even if it is just music and dancing for a couple hours! Did you go with the resort DJ or DJ Mannia?

MissBubbles, that's the problem I'm having too...I want to do something special for our guests, but we are also having an informal AHR so I don't want to go overboard. We're also looking at options for a welcome dinner type thing- I was thinking the buffet would be the easiest thing so people can come and go as they please. I will check with Michael and Phil also, thanks! By the way I saw your fans...so cute! May have to steal the ribbon wrapping idea :)

Wow Chrystine, we basically do have the same plans!! I'm thinking about doing some sort of reception at the resort also because I feel like with as many people as we're going to have, we need to do something even if it is just music and dancing for a couple hours! Did you go with the resort DJ or DJ Mannia?

MissBubbles, that's the problem I'm having too...I want to do something special for our guests, but we are also having an informal AHR so I don't want to go overboard. We're also looking at options for a welcome dinner type thing- I was thinking the buffet would be the easiest thing so people can come and go as they please. I will check with Michael and Phil also, thanks! By the way I saw your fans...so cute! May have to steal the ribbon wrapping idea :)

At least the reception options are ridiculous :o) They seem very reasonable, my issue is just trying to figure out how to work it in.

Buffet would probably be one of the better options due to guests coming and going and getting to eat what they want.. I need to find pictures. I'll post this on the FB group to see if I get any responses. :o)    Thank you. :o) Steal away. Super easy project and they look awesome.

Can't wait to see which Photog you choose! :o)

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

At least the reception options are ridiculous :o) They seem very reasonable, my issue is just trying to figure out how to work it in.

Buffet would probably be one of the better options due to guests coming and going and getting to eat what they want.. I need to find pictures. I'll post this on the FB group to see if I get any responses. :o)    Thank you. :o) Steal away. Super easy project and they look awesome.

Can't wait to see which Photog you choose! :o)

I meant aren't***** not are. sorry.