Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#721 moodyc82

moodyc82
  • 614 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationNJ

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

With my family, once I told everyone how I haven't had great luck on finding reasonable rates through travel agents, they were like "nevermind, just send out the invites with all the info, we all know how to get there!!!" As far as shipping the save the dates, have you tried this site? http://www.sandartsupplies.com/StoreBox/message_bottles/box.htm

I would only ship those to people who live too far and try to hand deliver as many as you can as shipping can be expensive!

Only person who lives close if my future MIL and BIL :( I moved out of state to be with my FI. Thanks for the website!! We actually searched rates prior to asking a TA and when she came back with way better rates and free extra's I was like you know what let her do it lol

#722 Shara1984

Shara1984
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Hey! I am new and stressed out already. Wedding date for April 12th, 2014

#723 mairelys

mairelys
    • 117 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

For our AHR, we'll be inviting the same people we invited to the wedding. So if they did come, they can come again, and if they didn't come, it's their chance to celebrate with us. 
      I would feel bad inviting people that weren't invited to the 'real' wedding, but that's just me. 
      Same thing for us though.. my inlaws are insisting on it, and offered to pay, so okay. Otherwise, I definitely wouldn't do it. And it's more for his elderly grandparents who can't come to the DW. I understand parents perspectives but even my dad complained to me 'I'm going to have to pay to travel to TWO weddings?" (He lives across the country). I told him no, if you're at the DW that's all that's expected. A headache already! You get caught in a place trying to please people but you really cannot please everyone.. just have to keep repeating that to myself! haha

#724 moodyc82

moodyc82
      • 614 posts
      • LocationNJ

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Shara1984 

Awww!!! Don't stress, we're all here to help

Originally Posted by mairelys 

For our AHR, we'll be inviting the same people we invited to the wedding. So if they did come, they can come again, and if they didn't come, it's their chance to celebrate with us. 
      I would feel bad inviting people that weren't invited to the 'real' wedding, but that's just me. 
      Same thing for us though.. my inlaws are insisting on it, and offered to pay, so okay. Otherwise, I definitely wouldn't do it. And it's more for his elderly grandparents who can't come to the DW. I understand parents perspectives but even my dad complained to me 'I'm going to have to pay to travel to TWO weddings?" (He lives across the country). I told him no, if you're at the DW that's all that's expected. A headache already! You get caught in a place trying to please people but you really cannot please everyone.. just have to keep repeating that to myself! haha

I guess I'm just in a weird mood lately b/c our anniv date is March 16th 2010 and he proposed on March 16th 2013 and we wanted to get married on March 16th 2014 but b/c of his brother we couldn't b/c he will be "in school" (he's supposed to be going back to college and hasn't reg. yet.....annoying). So than we had to move it to June 16th and we decided recently we are legally getting married at home on March 16th but I feel like a AHR is way too much, it's like having 3 weddings and it's just not special to me at that point having to plan all of it. So I think no we're just going to do something small like a BBQ and have it BYOB. And stay over night somewhere nice on March 16th and have a nice romantic dinner with just us when we legally get married.

#725 Shara1984

Shara1984
      • 345 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by moodyc82 

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Shara1984 

Awww!!! Don't stress, we're all here to help

Originally Posted by mairelys 

I guess I'm just in a weird mood lately b/c our anniv date is March 16th 2010 and he proposed on March 16th 2013 and we wanted to get married on March 16th 2014 but b/c of his brother we couldn't b/c he will be "in school" (he's supposed to be going back to college and hasn't reg. yet.....annoying). So than we had to move it to June 16th and we decided recently we are legally getting married at home on March 16th but I feel like a AHR is way too much, it's like having 3 weddings and it's just not special to me at that point having to plan all of it. So I think no we're just going to do something small like a BBQ and have it BYOB. And stay over night somewhere nice on March 16th and have a nice romantic dinner with just us when we legally get married.

I think I am stressed because I just got engaged and booking stuff at the last minute. Watching the $ steadily increase lol

#726 MissJali

MissJali
        • 935 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

So girls!!! I'm finally putting my invitations together! I can't wait to show you guys! I'm also a bit of a psycho that I've already  created my pre-travel brochure to send my guests in January before we leave. Trying to do as much as possible before my final semester of grad school!

#727 moodyc82

moodyc82
          • 614 posts
          • LocationNJ

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

So girls!!! I'm finally putting my invitations together! I can't wait to show you guys! I'm also a bit of a psycho that I've already  created my pre-travel brochure to send my guests in January before we leave. Trying to do as much as possible before my final semester of grad school!

Oooooo what do they look like???

#728 Backy

Backy
          • 171 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Sandals Montego Bay

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

awesome!! could you show us

#729 Shara1984

Shara1984
          • 345 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Backy 

Quote:

awesome!! could you show us

yes please do show us

#730 MissJali

MissJali
            • 935 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

I will be sure to upload photos once I'm done with them!! The brochures have been uploaded to vista print so it will be a couple of weeks! But the invitations should be done in the next week or so, I took on such a huge project!

Back to Newbies!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users