Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#4961 hclibby1982

hclibby1982
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by pongyang2001 

I need ideas from my BDW sisters! what are you ladies doing for your:

something old
    something new
    something borrowed
    something blue

so far i only have my something blue which is a blue lace garter with starfish rhinestone.

My something new was easy, pretty much everything (dress, jewelry, shoes, hair piece, etc).  I was hoping the Starfish could be my something borrowed but I'm up first so hopefully it will have some blue and take care of that for me.

I joked around to my Mom that if I don't buy new undies that could be my something old...LOL I know disgusting but that's all I can think of for now. I need something borrowed, Something Blue and Something old

#4962 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
    • Community Manager
    • 1,277 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by hclibby1982 

My something new was easy, pretty much everything (dress, jewelry, shoes, hair piece, etc).  I was hoping the Starfish could be my something borrowed but I'm up first so hopefully it will have some blue and take care of that for me.

I joked around to my Mom that if I don't buy new undies that could be my something old...LOL I know disgusting but that's all I can think of for now. I need something borrowed, Something Blue and Something old

The starfish can be your something borrowed!  Katie can send you hers since she already bought it technically it would be borrowed!  Unfortunately this wont work for those that do end up having to buy the one or two others we need to get but that was bound to happen . . . 

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#4963 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
      • Community Manager
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

Oh but yes it has blue in it so that would work for everyone's something blue if they wanted it to!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#4964 hclibby1982

hclibby1982
        • 274 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

The starfish can be your something borrowed!  Katie can send you hers since she already bought it technically it would be borrowed!  Unfortunately this wont work for those that do end up having to buy the one or two others we need to get but that was bound to happen . . . 

That would be amazing!!! I just remembered I do have my something blue, "I do", decals in sparkly blue for my shoes totally forgot about em! Ill just need my something old now!!

#4965 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
          • Community Manager
          • 1,277 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

That would be amazing!!! I just remembered I do have my something blue, "I do", decals in sparkly blue for my shoes totally forgot about em! Ill just need my something old now!!

Yay!  No new undies for you and you are all set!!! hahahah

I've seen those "I do" decals - so cute!    

#4966 moodyc82

moodyc82
            • 614 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
            • LocationNJ

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

So for my something old I'm going to have them sew a piece of my FI academy uniform inside my dress. My something blue is my engagement ring (there's a saphire on the side of it, thank you vera wang). Something new is my dress and than the borrowed will be the starfish :)

#4967 shugapop1

shugapop1
            • 868 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:30 AM

Quote:

i too have the i do tages for my shoes as well, mine says ido, his says me too.

#4968 pongyang2001

pongyang2001
              • 202 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 8, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Sandals Emerald Bay Exuma Bahamas
              • LocationProvidence, RI

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

So for my something old I'm going to have them sew a piece of my FI academy uniform inside my dress. My something blue is my engagement ring (there's a saphire on the side of it, thank you vera wang). Something new is my dress and than the borrowed will be the starfish :)

ooh i like that idea of something old from the FI. might have to copy that :)

#4969 moodyc82

moodyc82
              • 614 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
              • LocationNJ

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by pongyang2001 

ooh i like that idea of something old from the FI. might have to copy that :)

I'm not telling him about it either, want it to be a surprise. He worked very hard to get where he is today even when every single doctor was telling him to give up so it's very important to me to include it

#4970 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
              • 599 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

Another idea for something old: incorporating a vintage item into your trousseau! There are some fabulous vintage stores around here with jewelry, bags, gloves, garters and more that would be great for brides to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users