Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#1581 moodyc82

moodyc82
  • 614 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by pzl101 

That's something I would put in checked luggage. I brought back jerk sauce in May with no problems.

Well I mean for your guests.....probably not everyone is going to check their bags.

#1582 shugapop1

shugapop1
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

i found my girls barefoot sandals on ebay and got them in in about a week. .

#1583 DeeP10

DeeP10
    • 270 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

Does anyone know the site to start building my own wedding page? So ppl can see updates and possibly even RSVP . I'm leaning towards not having paper RSVP's and have them respond online. People are all so digital now. And every buck saved counts. :0). I know I hate having to buy stamps . Lol

#1584 MissJali

MissJali
      • 935 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by DeeP10 

Does anyone know the site to start building my own wedding page? So ppl can see updates and possibly even RSVP . I'm leaning towards not having paper RSVP's and have them respond online. People are all so digital now. And every buck saved counts. :0). I know I hate having to buy stamps . Lol

Deep,

I did my page with weddingwire.com but I found that not many people have visited my page since I created it. I know my MIL is on there 24/7 having fun with the music we uploaded but friends I have have not even bothered. I don't get it!!!

#1585 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
        • 599 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by DeeP10 

I wanted to do electronic save the dates, but mom told me it was tacky and/or that some guests might not be computer savvy.  She said I could do postcards to save money.  Well, we're going to likely send out just over 100 postcards, which can add up!  I am putting my foot down with RSVPs. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I haven't always send in my RSVP and prefer to just call or email. (Please don't judge me too harshly!)  My guests can either rsvp on the website, or give me a call if they don't feel comfortable using a computer. 

#1586 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
          • 1,088 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

Don't worry, I'm a tortured soul. I don't want to lose my last name. It's The only person I know how to be. Lol. If I hyphenate it will be Pool- Bryan . ;0/ not exactly melodious. Lol

Lol..

#1587 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
            • 1,088 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hey Ladies, In another thread, there was a question about how everyone is organizing their info and I thought I would share what I posted there in this thread as well. I'm a big fan of Google docs in general but Google actually has a Wedding Planner doc  It's called All-in-One Wedding Planner. I've only played around with it just a bit (since I haven't booked anything yet) but there are pre-set tabs for budget estimator (with formulas pre-calculated), guest list, music, photographer, caterer, etc all the info you need already formatted. 
              For example, in the guest list tab, they have checklist columns for address/email/StD sent?/invitation sent?/dietary restrictions?/etc

Each tab also has some tidbits and advice from Style Me Pretty.

It;s nice that I don't have to start from scratch and can edit the sheets as I see fit.

Thxs. Will check it out

#1588 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
              • 1,088 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

My dressPosted Image

thank you. i actually got it from david's bridal. it is the only one left like it in the entire davids bridal chain. and got it for a very wonderful price. less than 200.00

Very Pretty and WOW $200 Excellent!

#1589 moodyc82

moodyc82
                • 614 posts
                • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
                • LocationNJ

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

Im using theknot.com

#1590 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
                • 1,088 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

Deep, I did my page with weddingwire.com but I found that not many people have visited myy page since I created it. I know my MIL is on there 24/7 having fun with the music we uploaded but friends I have have not even bothered. I don't get it!!!

I use wedding wire too..had a cple rsvp on there. I also have guests comments. Although not as many as I' d like

I wanted to do electronic save the dates, but mom told me it was tacky and/or that some guests might not be computer savvy.  She said I could do postcards to save money.  Well, we're going to likely send out just over 100 postcards, which can add up!  I am putting my foot down with RSVPs. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I haven't always send in my RSVP and prefer to just call or email. (Please don't judge me too harshly!)  My guests can either rsvp on the website, or give me a call if they don't feel comfortable using a computer. 

Lol..that's okay I won't judge you! Maybe you could send the postcard to older guests to appease your mom Lol. .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users