Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#131 Cherina

Cherina
  • Banned
  • 636 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

BostonBride you are in the right spot. Did you know where you wanted the wedding to be in tems of a general location?

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#132 Cherina

Cherina
    • Banned
    • 636 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Terms

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#133 Brigitte

Brigitte
      • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

I'm getting married April 2014 in Jamaica and am just starting to plan. I have quotes from my travel agent for guests and will be sending out STD invites in the next couple of weeks. Need to get the date reserved at the resort first. Can't wait!!

#134 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
        • 503 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

I am a 2014 bride getting an early start!

My fiance and I went to Dreams Puerto Vallarta in September 2012 for our 10 year anniversary and he proposed to me there!

Due to sentimentality (I am huge on that!), and because we had the most amazing time there, we will be heading back there for September 2014! We want to keep our anniversary (been ours for over 10 years now!), and want to pay for it ourselves, so we need the time to save!

Any other brides getting married in PV in September??

#135 Kpounder

Kpounder
          • 13 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

I've never been to PV, what are the beaches and water like? We got engaged after 7 years in Cancun:) loved the white sandy beach, and clear blue water.... I have done some research on dreams resorts and packages, they seem great!

#136 kgentile

kgentile
            • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

Hello Destination Brides! I loveee this site.. Very informative when planning a DW and not sure where to start. We got engaged in October 2012, we are looking at the RIU Palace in Punta Cana, the other option was Hard Rock. But I feel the RIU has more of that fairy tale look and elegance that's more fitted for a Wedding and also price range seems more affordable for us and our guests. I have no wedding dates set but I'm considering the months of March -June. It's a bit difficult since the RIU website does not have any available dates for 2014 yet. So it's a bit nervracking

#137 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
              • 503 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

The beaches are nice, white sand. The water isn't the clear turquoise you get in the Caribbean. It's a darker blue and can be a bit rough. However, we went in the water every day and it was warm and glorious.

I am pretty impressed with the packages from Dreams as well. We saw a wedding set up while we were there (but went out for the evening before the wedding actually started), and it looked just gorgeous. Getting married on the beach as the sun is setting- just wow!

The only thing I am a bit disappointed with the Dreams package is the cost of additional people to the package (most of them only have 20 people). We are thinking we will have about 30- 35 people, and its almost an additional $200/person for the cocktail hour and reception. Adding 10-15 people is the same price as the package. Just crazy.

However, it is still soooooo much cheaper than having a wedding here in Toronto!

Congrats Kpounder on your engagement!

#138 MissJali

MissJali
                • 935 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Reign14 

Hi MissJali,

We are getting married at the same resort..you're a little over a month before me :)

I'm also a grad student and am on break until Feb. Not that I have time, I got the planning bug, since I don't have class or studying to do!

Hi Reign,

Have you been in contact with the WCs yet? I have the planning bug too. I've already ordered my postcards for the RSVPS and my save the dates are pretty much done! Guess I'll be seeing you on the BBPD thread

#139 Kpounder

Kpounder
                  • 13 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the info jenny2014!!! Congrats to you as well! That us pricey for extra ppl...:(

#140 Kpounder

Kpounder
                    • 13 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

is*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users