Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#1051 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
  • Community Manager
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by hclibby1982 

Wow you really are my neighbor! I love Arlington, we go out to eat there a lot actually.  I hear the weather is supposed to be nice this weekend.  Let's hope it doesn't change!!!!!

Awesome!  There are a lot of restaurants in Arlington for sure... I haven't been to many of them, but I hear there are lots of good ones.    

Oh - good weather this weekend would be amazing.. this humidity is a killer : ( 

btw - your honeymoon sounds Fabulous!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#1052 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
    • Community Manager
    • 1,277 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

I need help choosing colors for my wedding. I am very bad at coordinating/decorating and what not. I love the color teal or a turquoise and I saw  picture on this website of the girls wearing a teal dress with the fuchsia flowers and I loved it!!! Should I try to do teal, fuchsia, and gray or white? Would that even go together?

I think Teal and Fuchsia are great!  I am sure will be able to find plenty of wonderful things in those colors to use for your wedding!  

Between Gray and White - Since this is for a beach setting I think the White would be better - It will be fresh and bright - a great Pop with the other colors.   I would vote Gray in certain situations also because I think either would work!

Just my opinion : )  I think whatever you pick will be lovely! 

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#1053 hclibby1982

hclibby1982
      • 274 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 

Wow! Funny his mom never being on a plane. Before planning a DW I had no idea so many of my family or FH family had never been on a plane....

Cruise honeymoon sound amazing im so terrified of cruises need to get over it.FH has wanted to go on a cruise for years

My FI was the one who was pushing for a DW and I knew his family hadn't really traveled before but he didn't care because it's something we really enjoy doing.  I think it's crazy in general for anyone to have never been on a plane, then again I hate long trips in the car.

It took a lot of convincing for my FI to get me on a cruise but I've loved them ever since my first one, there are certain lines I like and other's that aren't my favorite but I think they're a great way to see the world. We do 1-2 a year then pick the places we like the most to go back to for a week.  

#1054 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
        • 270 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by RaynDrop 

Quote:

I need help choosing colors for my wedding. I am very bad at coordinating/decorating and what not. I love the color teal or a turquoise and I saw  picture on this website of the girls wearing a teal dress with the fuchsia flowers and I loved it!!! Should I try to do teal, fuchsia, and gray or white? Would that even go together?

I think Teal and Fuchsia are great!  I am sure will be able to find plenty of wonderful things in those colors to use for your wedding!  

Between Gray and White - Since this is for a beach setting I think the White would be better - It will be fresh and bright - a great Pop with the other colors.   I would vote Gray in certain situations also because I think either would work!

Just my opinion : )  I think whatever you pick will be lovely! 

aw you're so sweet! thanks so much for your opinion.

#1055 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
          • 1,088 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

I just wish they had a lighter brown or even manly tropical colors haha- I think idk ... hahaha  If I use them they will go in the Welcome bags. I am defiantly asking everyone to wear white/ light beige to the wedding - honestly I really don't want anyone to stick out in the pics : )  and there are so many shades of every color that I didn't want to go with something like blue .. I figured shades of white are safe.   Plus, I don't have a bridal party so I want everyone to feel and look like they are part of the wedding not just guest at it.

Manly tropIcal colors hahaha... they used to have a lighter brown Oh okay no wedding party. Less headache. .lol.. that's nice including everyone being a part of wedding. All white pics are really nice

#1056 DeeP10

DeeP10
            • 270 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

I also think

I think Teal and Fuchsia are great!  I am sure will be able to find plenty of wonderful things in those colors to use for your wedding!   Between Gray and White - Since this is for a beach setting I think the White would be better - It will be fresh and bright - a great Pop with the other colors.   I would vote Gray in certain situations also because I think either would work! Just my opinion : )  I think whatever you pick will be lovely! 

ivory would be great with those colors if u don't want such a sharp contrast.

#1057 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
              • 1,088 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Jessica im not the best with colors either but i've seen those colors together seem very tropical great for a DW

#1058 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
                • 270 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Jessica im not the best with colors either but i've seen those colors together seem very tropical great for a DW

ah ok at least i am on the right track! haha thanks so much

#1059 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
                  • Community Manager
                  • 1,277 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

Manly tropIcal colors hahaha... they used to have a lighter brown

Oh okay no wedding party. Less headache. .lol.. that's nice including everyone being a part of wedding. All white pics are really nice

Yeah I wasn't sure about the all white thing.. I still think its a little weird to ask everyone to wear white to my wedding - but I since making up my mind about it, I have looked at bunches of all white wedding party pics and think they do look nice.   I'm a big accessories person so I figured if anyone wanted to add some accessories I'd have them use Yellow.  I think it is a color that will pop a little with the white but not be too "look at me" in the pics.    

I am actually sending out some "dress code" packages - the girl are getting little yellow Plumeria flower bobby pins and I am undecided about what to give the guys - all along I have thought I'd do ties.. I actually even found ones that I really like.     But now I don't know if my FI is going to be wearing a tie... I don't want anyone to be hot and uncomfortable : (  I was thinking about doing pocket squares instead - but I don't know if that looks good (to have a pocket square and no tie)

Plus, I really wanted to do something extra for our parents... I found these really nice mother of pearl tie clips for our Dads and plan to get mother of pearl bracelets for our Moms.   So if I decide on no ties - I will need to come up with something else for our Dads and return the clips (but I really like them).

Maybe the ties will be okay - its not like the ceremony will be very long and as soon as pictures are over they can take the ties off....  right?   I haven't seen it in any pics but I actually kind of like the image of all the guys with ties except my FI - In a way I think the lack of tie will be a focal point...

Oy! I just don't know - I must say that I know doing a Destination is way less stressful then me doing a "regular" wedding .. I can't imagine if I had to make all the "regular" choices HHAHA

#1060 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
                    • Community Manager
                    • 1,277 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

aw you're so sweet! thanks so much for your opinion.

My pleasure!   I look forward to following your progress!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users