Jump to content
beachbride14

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by moodyc82 View Post

 

 

 

Thank you ladies for the support. His mother is pushing the issue b/c the idiot father said he would pay for her and his brother (yet they've been divorced for 20yrs). And FI only has thought about it b/c he's worth a lot of money and he is afraid if we don't invite him that we will be writen out of the will. I told him no money in the world is worth any of this drama......I'm not even sure how to get him to see my POV. Plus, my wedding invites are done and printed and his father isn't listed in the invites and I'm not changing them nor am I listing him anywhere. In all honesty I want nothing to do with him and i'm so sick of this wedding being all about what his mother and brother wants. Last I checked I'm the bride

Ha, there isn't enough money in the WORLD to have to take this crap sitting down. You stand up if you feel this strongly about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post

 

 

Money with these kinds of strings isn't even worth it. 

 

Originally Posted by MissJali View Post

 

Ha, there isn't enough money in the WORLD to have to take this crap sitting down. You stand up if you feel this strongly about it. 

My point exactly ladies.....ugh glad I'm not completely crazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my own bridezilla moment Sunday lol. I sent over the decorated raffia fans to the In-laws house for storage. His mom was gone for the weekend for a wedding and he casually tells me "oh yea, mom said she'll attached the thank you/program cards to the fans with her sisters once they get there, since it's 1, 2, 3" I'm like the entire point of bringing the shit over here was so your mom and you could do it. Who the hell wants to sacrifice time in a room putting the fans together that should've been put together HERE?" Am I bugging? B/c my mom was equally upset like just bring the fans back, we'll do it if it's too much for them to do it before we freaking leave.girl_werewolf.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissJali View Post

 

I had my own bridezilla moment Sunday lol. I sent over the decorated raffia fans to the In-laws house for storage. His mom was gone for the weekend for a wedding and he casually tells me "oh yea, mom said she'll attached the thank you/program cards to the fans with her sisters once they get there, since it's 1, 2, 3" I'm like the entire point of bringing the shit over here was so your mom and you could do it. Who the hell wants to sacrifice time in a room putting the fans together that should've been put together HERE?" Am I bugging? B/c my mom was equally upset like just bring the fans back, we'll do it if it's too much for them to do it before we freaking leave.girl_werewolf.gif

Oh god, I wouldn't want to be doing it there!!! Ugh ppl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissJali View Post

 

Here's a fellow Barcelo bride's photos. Im in love with her headband. Now I'm thinking of wearing my hair down. Ugh decisions decisions!

http://kristyandvic.com/blog/2013/08/12/maribel-jeffrey-destination-wedding-punta-cana-dominican-republic/

 

This bride is obviously gorgeous (as is this headband).  One thing I would think about though is the humidity.  Her lovely curls didn't make it to the altar and I've heard a lot of brides say they were glad that they did updos so that they avoided the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by moodyc82 View Post

 

Oh god, I wouldn't want to be doing it there!!! Ugh ppl

I'm like great, you could sit in the room and put together everything! The tumblers and the welcome bags! I'll be at the pool, thank you! SMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DR is a HUMID country, so i advice against having your hair down! She is a beautiful bride but you can even see in the pictures her hair went totally flat by reception time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by moodyc82 View Post

 

 

My point exactly ladies.....ugh glad I'm not completely crazy

You are definitely not crazy! Is your FI pushing back on this a lot? Even if his dad has been sober and is doing better, it would be for his benefit to stay away from an AI and the temptation. And it seems like the mom is only encouraging it bc then she can get a free trip out of it.  

((HUGS))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×