beachbride14

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

Originally Posted by MissJali View Post

the koozies...im not sure pple would get much use out of them. most resorts serve you everything, even the beer in a can. so that's something to think about. 

When I was in jamiaca and mexico the resort had everything in cups.....

wow! thanks for the welcome and sorry for the delay in my reply! I just noticed these - I didn't get any emails or notifications from the site letting me know.

We have nothing set yet and have barely talked about plans! We have not had time to talk about the wedding because in the past month and a half since we got engaged, he got a new job and relocated 2 hours away, moved temporarily into my place, then we scrambled to find a new (bigger) place for the 2 of us, packing and unpacking etc and FINALLY we are now settled into "our" home.

So let the planning begin! I've mostly been browsing ("Lurking"? lol) and there are truly amazing ideas and inspiration here. I'm so glad I found BDW. Before we got engaged, we mentioned that a small intimate beach wedding would be cool and then my cousin got married in Jamaica 2 weeks before my engagement and that pretty much confirmed that destination weddings are the way to go!

I look forward to sharing more details as they come. :)

Originally Posted by STemple View Post

Welcome! :)
Where/when are you planning your wedding? :)

Originally Posted by Cherina View Post

Welcome and Congrats on the engagement!!! Where and when are you getting married? Or are you not that far yet? Remember we are all here to help and support! Feel free to PM if you needs and support or have questions :-)

Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post

Woo hoo, another 2014 bride!  Congratulations and let us know some details!

Originally Posted by BeckaThomas View Post

Congratulations! There are some really good ideas and a lot of support on these boards. I only signed up a week ago but I've been scanning the pages since we got engaged 2 months ago. :-)

LOL. I feel the same way about pinterest and BDW! Thanks for the share!

Originally Posted by futurekcarrera View Post

I was browsing Pinterest last night (as per usual.....I can't tell yet if I spend more time looking at Pinterest or reading BDW, as I'm obsessed with both!) and thought I would share this...

http://www.basicinvite.com/ Seems like a really neat website to customize/design wedding invites and stationary. Havent looked into the nitty gritty/pricing details yet, but seems interesting so though I'd share with you brides that are DIYing!

WOW, What a great thread you ladies have got going! I have missed  A LOT since 3 weeks ago!!! Now that the new job/moving is over with (see above post), I can focus on planning.

I hope I'm not too late already for planning??? My man and I talked about having a spring 2014 wedding (May most likely) but I already see that many ladies have already sent out StD and picked out their dresses!!!  And we have no date and not even a location picked yet! 

We've already told people that it will be a DW sometime next year and we're keeping it small (24 guests maybe) but I guess my main concern is, are May dates already filled??? 

Originally Posted by pzl101 View Post

WOW, What a great thread you ladies have got going! I have missed  A LOT since 3 weeks ago!!! Now that the new job/moving is over with (see above post), I can focus on planning.

I hope I'm not too late already for planning??? My man and I talked about having a spring 2014 wedding (May most likely) but I already see that many ladies have already sent out StD and picked out their dresses!!!  And we have no date and not even a location picked yet! 

We've already told people that it will be a DW sometime next year and we're keeping it small (24 guests maybe) but I guess my main concern is, are May dates already filled??? 

No, you're not too late!  I'm planning an April 2014 wedding, and I'm JUST about to sign the contract for an off-site location. I'm sure that you'll be just fine, especially with a small wedding, but I would definitely get a move on!  Let us know if we can help with suggestions.

Rayn....the case of 24 comes with 3 colors!!!

Look what I added to the logo...I think nowwww it's personalized...you have to look closely

I love the font! very cute

Originally Posted by pzl101 View Post

I am sure you can still find a May date. I don't know for other resorts but for Riu, you can go on the website and check availability for the month.

Originally Posted by moodyc82 View Post

OH GOSH!!! I meant CUPS CUPS CUPS people!!! LOL Not cans!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyc82 View Post

OH GOSH!!! I meant CUPS CUPS CUPS people!!! LOL Not cans!!!

lol. 

Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post

No, you're not too late!  I'm planning an April 2014 wedding, and I'm JUST about to sign the contract for an off-site location. I'm sure that you'll be just fine, especially with a small wedding, but I would definitely get a move on!  Let us know if we can help with suggestions.

Originally Posted by Jessica Correa View Post

I am sure you can still find a May date. I don't know for other resorts but for Riu, you can go on the website and check availability for the month.

Thanks ladies! I def have to get a move on it. My FI is very laid back and has no idea what wedding planning entails (not that I know much either) but he thinks we can just plop on a beach and that's that! :)

We narrowed it down to a couple of islands but now we need to research resorts. Is this the hardest part??? Picking a date and location?