Sign in to follow this  
Natalie Z

Minister Question

I sent him an email when I was orginally looking for a Minister in Cabo, he seemed really nice and responded very quickly to email. I didn't book him because we choose to have a legal wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie M View Post
I just booked our minister for the ceremony. Has anyone heard of or used Rev. Parsons? He seemed really nice and very informative!
i had my own officiant but i am sure he will be fine!

I've booked Rev. Parsons. We actually met with him during our trip to Cabo in August. He apparently has performed many, many ceremonies in the Cabo area. He was very thorough during our meeting. He asked us what type of ceremony we wanted, if the groomsmen were going to be in the processional, etc. He also helped us incorporate my FI son into the ceremony

He even showed up to our meeting in a coat and slacks. He gives a good first impression and was right on time for our meeting.

He did stress the importance of starting the ceremony on time, as he often has more than one wedding a day. As an example, he explained how he has timed the stop lights, etc.

My FI and I had a good feeling about him. We're pleased with our choice.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200 View Post
I've booked Rev. Parsons. We actually met with him during our trip to Cabo in August. He apparently has performed many, many ceremonies in the Cabo area. He was very thorough during our meeting. He asked us what type of ceremony we wanted, if the groomsmen were going to be in the processional, etc. He also helped us incorporate my FI son into the ceremony

He even showed up to our meeting in a coat and slacks. He gives a good first impression and was right on time for our meeting.

He did stress the importance of starting the ceremony on time, as he often has more than one wedding a day. As an example, he explained how he has timed the stop lights, etc.

My FI and I had a good feeling about him. We're pleased with our choice.

Hope this helps!

thank you so much! yes that helps a ton! When i talked to him on the phone he was very adamant on starting on time! that is funny as i'am always late. he was even telling me what time to start getting ready at! Thanks

You're welcome!

And, it doesn't surprise me that he was even telling you when to start getting ready. kinda funny, huh? But he seems like a great guy and he certainly knows how the ceremony should run/progress. At least we know HE won't be late!! :)

Out of curiosity, do you plan to hire him for a rehersal run through?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200 View Post
You're welcome!

And, it doesn't surprise me that he was even telling you when to start getting ready. kinda funny, huh? But he seems like a great guy and he certainly knows how the ceremony should run/progress. At least we know HE won't be late!! :)

Out of curiosity, do you plan to hire him for a rehersal run through?
As of right now I don't think I'm going to hire him for a rehersal! I don't think I need it!

Oh that is funny you are getting married on the day I really wanted to get married but someone beat me too it at dreams. If you hire him for your rehersal the day before now you know what time he will be available at! lol

Natalie,

I'm not sure how to attach a quote...hmm...

Anyway, I was thinking the same thing about timimg/scheduling a rehersal in regard to your wedding (but I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to do a rehersal or not). If I do, I'll schedule my rehersal for earlier in the afternoon or after your wedding, so that we don't have to worry about him having to time the traffic lights, etc. to be on time for your wedding (hee hee).

What time is your ceremony scheduled for?