Photo

Minister Question

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:08 PM

I just booked our minister for the ceremony. Has anyone heard of or used Rev. Parsons? He seemed really nice and very informative!

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:13 PM

I sent him an email when I was orginally looking for a Minister in Cabo, he seemed really nice and responded very quickly to email. I didn't book him because we choose to have a legal wedding.

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:53 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Natalie M
      I just booked our minister for the ceremony. Has anyone heard of or used Rev. Parsons? He seemed really nice and very informative!
      i had my own officiant but i am sure he will be fine!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Lisa K.

Lisa K.
      • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:17 PM

I have this as one of my bookmarks which should help you.

http://www.caboweddingminister.com/

#5 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
        • 1,876 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:59 PM

I've booked Rev. Parsons. We actually met with him during our trip to Cabo in August. He apparently has performed many, many ceremonies in the Cabo area. He was very thorough during our meeting. He asked us what type of ceremony we wanted, if the groomsmen were going to be in the processional, etc. He also helped us incorporate my FI son into the ceremony

He even showed up to our meeting in a coat and slacks. He gives a good first impression and was right on time for our meeting.

He did stress the importance of starting the ceremony on time, as he often has more than one wedding a day. As an example, he explained how he has timed the stop lights, etc.

My FI and I had a good feeling about him. We're pleased with our choice.

Hope this helps!
          My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
          Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#6 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
          • 1,430 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:53 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200
            I've booked Rev. Parsons. We actually met with him during our trip to Cabo in August. He apparently has performed many, many ceremonies in the Cabo area. He was very thorough during our meeting. He asked us what type of ceremony we wanted, if the groomsmen were going to be in the processional, etc. He also helped us incorporate my FI son into the ceremony

He even showed up to our meeting in a coat and slacks. He gives a good first impression and was right on time for our meeting.

He did stress the importance of starting the ceremony on time, as he often has more than one wedding a day. As an example, he explained how he has timed the stop lights, etc.

My FI and I had a good feeling about him. We're pleased with our choice.

Hope this helps!

thank you so much! yes that helps a ton! When i talked to him on the phone he was very adamant on starting on time! that is funny as i'am always late. he was even telling me what time to start getting ready at! Thanks

#7 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
            • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:16 AM

You're welcome!

And, it doesn't surprise me that he was even telling you when to start getting ready. kinda funny, huh? But he seems like a great guy and he certainly knows how the ceremony should run/progress. At least we know HE won't be late!! :)

Out of curiosity, do you plan to hire him for a rehersal run through?
              My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
              Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#8 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
              • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:17 AM

I just realized that you're getting married one day before me! :)
                My new man....Donovan

#9 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                • 1,430 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:09 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200
                  You're welcome!

And, it doesn't surprise me that he was even telling you when to start getting ready. kinda funny, huh? But he seems like a great guy and he certainly knows how the ceremony should run/progress. At least we know HE won't be late!! :)

Out of curiosity, do you plan to hire him for a rehersal run through?
                  As of right now I don't think I'm going to hire him for a rehersal! I don't think I need it!

Oh that is funny you are getting married on the day I really wanted to get married but someone beat me too it at dreams. If you hire him for your rehersal the day before now you know what time he will be available at! lol

#10 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:36 PM

Natalie,

I'm not sure how to attach a quote...hmm...

Anyway, I was thinking the same thing about timimg/scheduling a rehersal in regard to your wedding (but I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to do a rehersal or not). If I do, I'll schedule my rehersal for earlier in the afternoon or after your wedding, so that we don't have to worry about him having to time the traffic lights, etc. to be on time for your wedding (hee hee).

What time is your ceremony scheduled for?
                    My new man....Donovan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users