#261 Lydia1120

Lydia1120
  • Site Supporter
  • 406 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
  • LocationCobourg, Ontario

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

Love the video.....does anyone know of a videographer in Varadero Cuba?
17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI

#262 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
  • 450 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

I am very excited to say that both sides of our immediate families have booked their vacation for the wedding!  This is wonderful news!
Puts us up to 16 + one baby including the bride and groom!  Everyone that comes now is just a great added bonus :D.

#263 rileyjl

rileyjl
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

Anyone else doing a linen or beach type outfit for the FI? I am having a hard time finding affordable linen suits. Found a nice pair of linen pants and shirt at Banana Republic, but no matching jacket! Any ideas? I guess jacket isn't necessary, but I don't know how else to dress it up. Any advice or ideas on groom's outfit is much appreciated :)

#264 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
    • Site Supporter
    • 229 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

I purchased ours from Mens Warehouse. They are a light khaki linen. I just did the white shirt, vest and matching pants. I may or may not end up getting my fi the matching jacket. And if you get David's Bridal Catalogues they usually have 50% off coupons in the back! :)

#265 TealMarie

TealMarie
      • 254 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by DinaQtobe 

I am very excited to say that both sides of our immediate families have booked their vacation for the wedding!  This is wonderful news!
        Puts us up to 16 + one baby including the bride and groom!  Everyone that comes now is just a great added bonus :D.

Yay! How awesome! That's how we felt as well. Once our parents and siblings/their partners had booked we were so relieved. Anyone else after that was a bonus :)

#266 TealMarie

TealMarie
        • 254 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by FutureMrsSingh 

What wedding website are you using? I just started playing around with mywedding.com today, but am curious to see what others have gone with? Apparently Moon Palace is going to give me a wedding website, but I have no idea when that will be, or what it will look like, so I'm trying to get on the ball now on my own.

I've just used theknot as well. I was already signed up there and since we don't have many people coming I'm not sure many people will actually use the website. I imagine most people will just email us with questions.

#267 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
          • 450 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by TealMarie 

Yay! How awesome! That's how we felt as well. Once our parents and siblings/their partners had booked we were so relieved. Anyone else after that was a bonus :)

How many people do you have booked so far?  Are you expecting more to book?  We didn't use a travel agent, so people can book as late as they want (though I do have September 2nd as the RSVP date)....

#268 FutureMrsSingh

FutureMrsSingh
          • 34 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

I used theknot.com  wedding website.  I don't love it, but it is doing it's job.  I have heard that with mywedding you can get an app for free (and all your guests too) where they post the pictures to the app and it creates a special album for the newly married couple.  It sounds pretty neat!

Thanks for the feedback about the knot. I think I am going to go with the mywedding site. I will let you know how it goes! As for that app - you can actually download it right from the itunes app store. Little did I know that my fiance had already found the app long before I found the wedding website!

#269 TealMarie

TealMarie
            • 254 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

How many people do you have booked so far?  Are you expecting more to book?  We didn't use a travel agent, so people can book as late as they want (though I do have September 2nd as the RSVP date)....

We have 20 booked and don't expect more to book. We have a few couples who really want to come but because of work, finances, etc it likely won't work out so we're not counting on it. We're super happy with the numbers though. We only gave people the option to book with the travel agent. It's just easier and I doubt they could find a better deal. I think our RSVP date is in July sometime but really I think of it as when people pay in full to the TA which is Sept 1st. 

#270 jolene028

jolene028
              • 588 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lydia1120 

Love the video.....does anyone know of a videographer in Varadero Cuba?

Lydia, check with your resort... I know that our resort has one, and apperently from the reviews I have read they are great, there is also a company called Cuban Wedding Photography and Videographer that is really good they have a Facebook Page and there are loads of reviews on line that says they are good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users