Photo

Pastor York

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 johnm

johnm
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

If your Uncle is already one of your guests they shouldn't charge you anything. They get away with the $120 because they are giving the person access to the resort for the day but since your Uncle already has paid for the resort as a guest there should be no charge.

#22 KelcT

KelcT
    • 16 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:50 AM

Thanks JohnM! I thought that I might could get away without paying the $120 but I wasnt sure.

#23 Jamielynn55

Jamielynn55
      • 183 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Does anyone have pastor Rick Yorks current email address?

#24 JasminB

JasminB
        • 32 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

this is the email i have been corresponding with him with ryork@codetel.net.do

#25 LoriOlivia

LoriOlivia
          • 35 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

If you book Pastor Rick directly, can someone tells me how he gets onto the resort?  Do I just tell the "Romance Team" we have it covered and he just appears that day?

Just curious becuase I have seen you have to get day passes for people not staying at the resort.  Can someone help?

#26 maridr2012

maridr2012
            • 251 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

Lori it depends which resort ur staying at and their policy. I'm getting married at Paradisus Punta Cana and if you book the Pastor directly thru them it's a bit more than you would if you book him yourself, there is no "external vendor fee" or day pass fee as its already baked into the price. But, if u book him ur self you'll need to pay the resort for allowing an external vendor to come into the property-they charge the full day pass fee $120. The difference between the 2 was only like $50, so I opted to pay a bit more and book the Pastor thru them. That way if anything fell thru or any miscommunication happened they would be responsible on the day of my wedding. A little peace of mind for me was worth the $50. Each resort has a slightly different policy so u should check with ur resort on theirs.

#27 LoriOlivia

LoriOlivia
              • 35 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

Thanks Maridr2012

The Romance team is quoting me $638, Pastor York is asking for $350.  So even if you tack on $120 for a day pass it's $470, about $168 difference.  Frustrating because I am booking almost 50 rooms and bringing them all this business.  Crazy they would even make me pay the day pass. 

#28 maridr2012

maridr2012
                • 251 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

Yeah I know it's frustrating. I booked my wedding in 2011 so the prices were a bit cheaper. They did try to charge me everything based on 2012 rates but I stuck to my guns and they relented so now I'm paying slightly lower fees based on 2011.

#29 alij

alij
                  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

Is anyone using Pastor R at Melia Caribe Tropical and know what their price is to include him and if they have to do the booking?  I am presuming since they are the same group as Paradisus is will be a similar deal.

#30 SimplenSweet

SimplenSweet
                    • 56 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

LoriOlivia,

I had the EXACT same thing through PPC! Just another thing I've run into..... I did fight it ....in order to point out that I didn't have to pay the fee PPC was asking, I said that there was nothing in writing that stated that they had to book the pastor for the ceremonies...and it's true they don't have any documentation to support this "new rule". I eventually got mine dropped and they reported that they "would so graciously" grandfather me into the old rule of brides booking their own pastors and not getting charged for it. So total, I pay pastor york $350 the day of the wedding, and I pay PPC $120. you are right- it is ridiculous.

FIGHT IT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users