megssweet1
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

Thank you so much Lori!

#32 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
    • 599 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

I love this thread, it has such great information! One big question I have for all of our photographers is: how can I make YOUR job easier and help facilitate your best work? My photographer seems really happy about the fact that we're asking our friends and families to put their cameras away for the ceremony (no fighting to get shots) and planning the ceremony approximately two hours before sunset. Are there any other things that we brides can do that help photographers? Any additional tips (lighting, timing, etc.) would be very much appreciated!

#33 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
      • Community Manager
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Sorry if I missed it .... Is there any information available for Sandals Brides?

I am not interested in booking their photographers and not thrilled with the partners package.

Are there other options?   Is there an outside vendor fee?   Anything else I need to know?

Thanks

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#34 SweetFire

SweetFire
        • Vendor
        • 330 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

Hi BrownSugarBride,

Thanks for complimenting this thread.   We were hoping it would be helpful for the brides during the planning process.

There are many ways to make our job easier!  Having your family put away their cameras will definitely make their experience more memorable and the photographers job a bit easier.

Scheduling your ceremony for the right time is essential for photography.  If you have your ceremony two hours before sunset it will allow us to have enough time and perfect light for the Newlywed images.  I believe on a destination wedding it’s essential to remember the beauty of the place you traveled to just like the happiest moments of your life.

Another thing that can help a photgraphers job is to have the right room in the right condition ready for some getting ready images. Here are some helpful hints for your dressing room

​

- Have the cleaning service come to tidy your dressing room so it is made up when you return from your hair appointment.

- Have your girls clean up all the non-wedding related messes. Wedding "messes" are ok :-).

- Empty shoe boxes and dress bags should be placed somewhere outside the dressing room. Bring all the dresses out and hang the in the room so they can be used in the shots.

- Light is extremely important.  If you have a choice, choose a room with lots of space and natural light. 

I hope that helps!

Lori

#35 SweetFire

SweetFire
          • Vendor
          • 330 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Hi RaynDrop,

We are located in Playa del Carmen.  I don’t think we have a Sandals resort here.  Based on the experience we have in this area, I think you can expect an outside vendor fee if you want to bring your own photographer to the wedding.  Hotel policies often change around here, so I suggest you ask your wedding coordinator for the most updated information.  We always suggest you get the information written down, to avoid misunderstandings with the resort upon arrival.

I hope that helps!

Lori

#36 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
            • 599 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SweetFire 

Hi BrownSugarBride,

Thanks for complimenting this thread.   We were hoping it would be helpful for the brides during the planning process.

There are many ways to make our job easier!  Having your family put away their cameras will definitely make their experience more memorable and the photographers job a bit easier.

Scheduling your ceremony for the right time is essential for photography.  If you have your ceremony two hours before sunset it will allow us to have enough time and perfect light for the Newlywed images.  I believe on a destination wedding it’s essential to remember the beauty of the place you traveled to just like the happiest moments of your life.

Another thing that can help a photgraphers job is to have the right room in the right condition ready for some getting ready images. Here are some helpful hints for your dressing room

​

- Have the cleaning service come to tidy your dressing room so it is made up when you return from your hair appointment.

- Have your girls clean up all the non-wedding related messes. Wedding "messes" are ok :-).

- Empty shoe boxes and dress bags should be placed somewhere outside the dressing room. Bring all the dresses out and hang the in the room so they can be used in the shots.

- Light is extremely important.  If you have a choice, choose a room with lots of space and natural light. 

I hope that helps!

Lori

Lori-

This helps so much! I will put this down on my list of things to remember.

#37 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
              • Community Manager
              • 1,277 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by SweetFire 

Hi RaynDrop,

We are located in Playa del Carmen.  I don’t think we have a Sandals resort here.  Based on the experience we have in this area, I think you can expect an outside vendor fee if you want to bring your own photographer to the wedding.  Hotel policies often change around here, so I suggest you ask your wedding coordinator for the most updated information.  We always suggest you get the information written down, to avoid misunderstandings with the resort upon arrival.

I hope that helps!

Lori

Thanks for replying .. I'm not even sure if it is an option to pay a fee and bring an outside photographer...  I'll keep researching

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#38 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
                • 243 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

Lori-   This helps so much! I will put this down on my list of things to remember.

really helpful info that I can use thank you!

#39 VannessLares

VannessLares
                  • 37 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Who is interested in sharing a photographer and saving money?? 

Our wedding date is June 28th, 2014 at the Barcelo Maya Palace.  We are thinking of flying out a photographer from Los Angeles, Ca. 

Let me know if you're interested. My photographers team does an amazing job with great prices. 

Message me. 

Thanks. 

Vannessa. 

#40 michelewild

michelewild
                    • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

You and Chris seem to work very well with the bride and groom.  I am going to have my wedding in August 2015 in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.  Are you around that area?  Also, we are going down this December 2013 to visit the resort we want to have our wedding at and begin planning.  We are looking for someone to shoot our Save The Dates while we are down there.  How much do your packages or sessions cost?  We are really looking for a quick session to get some pictures for the Save The Dates.

Michele B.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users