Wolfert Planning Thread - El Dorado Royale in Riviera Maya, Mexico

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TheWolferts

• 458 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

After seeing all of the great ideas on this message board in the past year and a half, I thought I would do a planning thread!

#2 TheWolferts

• 458 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

We got engaged on January 3, 2011 and since I grew up in a beach town, I knew I couldnt imagine doing a traditional church wedding, but the question was: "Do we have the wedding in my home town or should we do a destination wedding?"

While attending my cousin's wedding at the El Dorado Royale in 2010 in which my fiance was not able to attend, I found myself constantly saying to myself "Jeff would love this beach, dinner, resort, etc..." so I am sooo excited that I get to share that with him at our wedding!

Neither myself or my fiance are very religious and both love the beach so we are getting married in the sand at Gazebo 55

(When we get our pictures back, I will post my actual ceremony set up)

Since I am a foot shorter than my fiance, we are getting the wooden runner so that I will be able to wear wedges without sinking into the sand:

Wooden runner GZ 55.JPG

#3 TheWolferts

• 458 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

I am not a big bow person and didnt want to spend $4 per chair for a 20 minute ceremony, so I used these as my inspiration to add a little color and creativity to our ceremony:

aisle runner inspiration 1.jpeg

I will be sure to post some of my actual decor when we get back from wedding.

#4 TheWolferts

• 458 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:54 AM

We ordered our invitations and wedding programs from Wedding Paper Divas. They were great in helping me design exactly what we wanted!

Our Invitations:

Reply cards:

Our wedding programs (the same design concept, but we got our programs on a pearlized paper):

Inside programs:

(Originally, they said I couldnt put anything on the back, but after I explained that I hated having the "Thank you" and "In memory of" underneath teh Wedding party headline, they put those 2 paragraphs on the back in a smaller, italic font in the tiffany blue).

#5 dominiqueamber

• 923 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

looks great so far...can't wait to see more! I know it takes a lot of time so i'll be patient :)

#6 AllieH

• Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Love the planning!! can't wait to hear how it all goes. wishing you lots and lots of happiness and peace! 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#7 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

I love the idea for the chairs, such a unique idea!

#8 Kristin Ri

Kristin Ri
            • 162 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

Love the thread so far. Cant wait till theres more!

#9 TheWolferts

• 458 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hey everyone! Thanks for commenting, but I dont think I will be posting anything additional to this thread. I am ready to just enjoy married life and stop thinking about the planning that went in to our wedding

Word of advice, create your planning thread before your wedding, while you are still excited about the planning aspect!

Best wishes to you all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users