Jump to content

Photo

May 2013 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#621 Emily11386

Emily11386
  • Site Supporter
  • 244 posts

    Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

    Ladies I have a question for you, So we are considering doing a catamaran tour for our guests. The only problem is we don't want to do it the day before or after the wedding which is a Friday. So we were thinking of doing Wednesday, however my family, his parents, and his groomsmen will all be there but none of my 6 bridesmaids would be. It definitely wouldn't be as fun for me without them there and I don't want anyone to feel left out, so we are debating if it's worth doing it. I'm so confused. I don't know if we should go ahead with the catamaran or if we should do a private dinner the night before so everyone is included.
    May 10, 2013 at The Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun
    33 adults (including bride & groom) and 3 kids booked!

    #622 Dazeydawl

    Dazeydawl
    • Member
    • 861 posts

      Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

      Wow!!! It seems we all have these people in our lives!!!! I have a 'friend' who i asked to be my bridesmaid when i first got engaged back in Jan 2012 who was all for the role and the trip.... i knew it might be difficult on her considering she just had a baby and was off on mat leave and her boyfriend didnt have a job so i offered to put down the deposit for her which was fine. when we went bridemaid dress shopping she had everything worked out, who would look after the baby, the fact that she would be back to work well before the trip and her boyfriend got a good job so money wouldnt be an issue, then a couple days later when it came time to purchase the dresses she said she wasnt coming!!!! my jaw dropped! She also didnt think she should have to pay me back for teh deposit on the room! She said it was because of money.... which i dont want to argue with. Only now they are starting a whole bunch of renos on their house and she just told me they are planning a trip to toronto for the same time as my wedding! I know toronto isnt as expensive but still last minute planning to toronto just 7 months out or planning to jamaica a year and 4 months out? seems she should have been able to make it work... she just doesnt want to. Then she goes on to say that she will still help with anything i need here at home, but now shes always too busy to talk to me.



      #623 MissBubbles205

      MissBubbles205
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,350 posts

        Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

        Originally Posted by Emily11386 

        Ladies I have a question for you,
        So we are considering doing a catamaran tour for our guests. The only problem is we don't want to do it the day before or after the wedding which is a Friday. So we were thinking of doing Wednesday, however my family, his parents, and his groomsmen will all be there but none of my 6 bridesmaids would be. It definitely wouldn't be as fun for me without them there and I don't want anyone to feel left out, so we are debating if it's worth doing it. I'm so confused. I don't know if we should go ahead with the catamaran or if we should do a private dinner the night before so everyone is included.

         Personally, if you have doubts about the catamaran and hate that the bridesmaids wont be there to enjoy it as part of the wedding, then I would stick with a private dinner that everyone could attend. :o)  but the catamaran does seem fun, maybe you could just ask a bridesmaids or two their thoughts on this to get thie insight. Sorry I'm not much help. :-/



        #624 MissBubbles205

        MissBubbles205
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,350 posts

          Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

          Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

          Wow!!! It seems we all have these people in our lives!!!! I have a 'friend' who i asked to be my bridesmaid when i first got engaged back in Jan 2012 who was all for the role and the trip.... i knew it might be difficult on her considering she just had a baby and was off on mat leave and her boyfriend didnt have a job so i offered to put down the deposit for her which was fine. when we went bridemaid dress shopping she had everything worked out, who would look after the baby, the fact that she would be back to work well before the trip and her boyfriend got a good job so money wouldnt be an issue, then a couple days later when it came time to purchase the dresses she said she wasnt coming!!!! my jaw dropped! She also didnt think she should have to pay me back for teh deposit on the room! She said it was because of money.... which i dont want to argue with. Only now they are starting a whole bunch of renos on their house and she just told me they are planning a trip to toronto for the same time as my wedding! I know toronto isnt as expensive but still last minute planning to toronto just 7 months out or planning to jamaica a year and 4 months out? seems she should have been able to make it work... she just doesnt want to. Then she goes on to say that she will still help with anything i need here at home, but now shes always too busy to talk to me.

           Dang!.. Yes we all have people that are this way it seems!.. It's like one excuse after another.. I wish everyone would just be honest. Is it that tough? I see she would rather plan her own trips and do reno's, but why not just say hey I wish I could be there, I'll help with anything I can, but we really want to see these places or do this to our house. I just have more respect for honest people, even if it's a little to honest. lol.

           

          Is there a way you can transfer the deposit you made to someone else? I too think I will see my girls true colors once it's time for them to get their dresses. I have 5 in hope for at least 3 to show. lol.. sad, right?    (If anyone needs a spare bridesmaid, I'm up for the trip! lol) 



          #625 Dazeydawl

          Dazeydawl
          • Member
          • 861 posts

            Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

            Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

             Dang!.. Yes we all have people that are this way it seems!.. It's like one excuse after another.. I wish everyone would just be honest. Is it that tough? I see she would rather plan her own trips and do reno's, but why not just say hey I wish I could be there, I'll help with anything I can, but we really want to see these places or do this to our house. I just have more respect for honest people, even if it's a little to honest. lol.

             

            Is there a way you can transfer the deposit you made to someone else? I too think I will see my girls true colors once it's time for them to get their dresses. I have 5 in hope for at least 3 to show. lol.. sad, right?    (If anyone needs a spare bridesmaid, I'm up for the trip! lol) 

            Yes luckily someone else, one of my fiances friends who hadnt booked yet, stepped up to take over the deposit. It worked well fro him cause we had booked her into one of the cheapest rooms because of her money situation, and now he gets a cheap room because i believe he is coming by himself. And it would have been nice for her to be honest, but i still dont get the trip to toronto but oh well its done now.

             

            Luckily dress shopping with my other two girls went very well. no complaints about what i wanted them in, their responses the entire time was just 'whatever you want'. And hey if you wanna make the trip to jamiaca lol im one bridesmaid short! lol



            #626 MissBubbles205

            MissBubbles205
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,350 posts

              Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

              Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

              Yes luckily someone else, one of my fiances friends who hadnt booked yet, stepped up to take over the deposit. It worked well fro him cause we had booked her into one of the cheapest rooms because of her money situation, and now he gets a cheap room because i believe he is coming by himself. And it would have been nice for her to be honest, but i still dont get the trip to toronto but oh well its done now.

               

              Luckily dress shopping with my other two girls went very well. no complaints about what i wanted them in, their responses the entire time was just 'whatever you want'. And hey if you wanna make the trip to jamiaca lol im one bridesmaid short! lol

               Well I'm happy to hear your fiance's friend took over the deposit! :o)   Some things we will never understand nor know the truth to, but hey, our weddings will be AWESOME regardless! :o)

              Well good!! :o) Mine say the same, it's your wedding not mine. lol.. I did have one request for me to not put them in orange.. But I'm thinking orange dresses with fushia heels and a fushia sash would be super cute! 

               

              Hey, I have always wanted to go to Jamiaca! :o)



              #627 Dazeydawl

              Dazeydawl
              • Member
              • 861 posts

                Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

                Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

                 Well I'm happy to hear your fiance's friend took over the deposit! :o)   Some things we will never understand nor know the truth to, but hey, our weddings will be AWESOME regardless! :o)

                Well good!! :o) Mine say the same, it's your wedding not mine. lol.. I did have one request for me to not put them in orange.. But I'm thinking orange dresses with fushia heels and a fushia sash would be super cute! 

                 

                Hey, I have always wanted to go to Jamiaca! :o)

                An orange dress with fushia sash and heels WOULD be super cute!!! maybe a fushia necklace or bracelet? i guess for your bridesmaid it might depend on the shade of orange.. you want bright right? maybe shes picturing pumpkin orange or something and thats why she doesnt want it? Mine were simple dark purple dresses so not much to contest..



                #628 ChocoTaco7568

                ChocoTaco7568
                • Member
                • 955 posts

                  Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

                  Quote:

                  Originally Posted by Emily11386 

                  Ladies I have a question for you,
                  So we are considering doing a catamaran tour for our guests. The only problem is we don't want to do it the day before or after the wedding which is a Friday. So we were thinking of doing Wednesday, however my family, his parents, and his groomsmen will all be there but none of my 6 bridesmaids would be. It definitely wouldn't be as fun for me without them there and I don't want anyone to feel left out, so we are debating if it's worth doing it. I'm so confused. I don't know if we should go ahead with the catamaran or if we should do a private dinner the night before so everyone is included.

                  I agree with Miss Bubbles and would schedule an event that was inclusive. If I were a bridesmaid, I would feel a bit slighted especially if they've been helpful and available to you througout your wedding planning process.  



                  #629 MissBubbles205

                  MissBubbles205
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,350 posts

                    Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

                    Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

                    An orange dress with fushia sash and heels WOULD be super cute!!! maybe a fushia necklace or bracelet? i guess for your bridesmaid it might depend on the shade of orange.. you want bright right? maybe shes picturing pumpkin orange or something and thats why she doesnt want it? Mine were simple dark purple dresses so not much to contest..

                     Thank you :o) and thanks for the ideas. I have been buying dresses on ebay to see what I like.. lol.. <---Ebay addict here. The orange at Davids bridal is exactly our color orange.. I just bought a watermelon dress from Ebay, it should arrive this week so I can see if that color matches our pink..  but otherwise I may pick out a simple orange dress from DB and find someone with our color pink for the sash and might have to die some shoes unless I get lucky. these ideas just came to me, I'll have to share them with my girls. :o) the one with the request is super tan, lucky girl!!! So she will look great in any color.

                     

                    I'm now wishing I would have went with something more simple.. BM dresses are a toughy..



                    #630 Kal520

                    Kal520
                    • Newbie
                    • 104 posts

                      Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

                      I totally understand everyone having to deal with rude comments and issues from people. I've had people tell me "Oh I will be pregnant in May next year" when they're not even pregnant yet! People saying "why don't you just get married here and make it easier on everyone." I had to tell a girl I'm sort of friends with that shes not invited even though she assumed it and told everyone we mutually know that she is going. I've literally had it all!! I'm down a bridesmaid too but not her fault as her and her husband are having major issues going on. I've cried over stupid crap a lot much but I'm over now, it's the wedding we want and I'm at the point where I barely even care who goes!! :) So I'm glad we can all be here for each other to commiserate!
                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users