Photo

Sarah's (sgreen99) DIY thread!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#11 venus909

venus909
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

What type of glaze did you use for the antique look?  I love the way your frames came out and I'm interested in something similiar since I'm doing a vintage glam theme.  Was the spray paint white or silver?

#12 sgreen99

sgreen99
    • Site Supporter
    • 187 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

The glaze was Bear I believe from Home Depot. It's actually called furniture glaze and then you choose whatever paint color you want to add in, I went witha darker grey color  and just bought a "tester" size of the paint because I didn't need too much.  You mix a half and half of the paint/glaze together to create your mixture. 

The spray paint I used was plain white.

Originally Posted by venus909 

What type of glaze did you use for the antique look?  I love the way your frames came out and I'm interested in something similiar since I'm doing a vintage glam theme.  Was the spray paint white or silver?

#13 KCDawn

KCDawn
      • Site Supporter
      • 242 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

I LOVE your monogram!! Great job on it!  I haven't attempted ours yet.  Did it take you a long time to do?

#14 Meagan816

Meagan816
        • 165 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

Adorable table numbers!  I wish I was as creative as you!!

#15 sgreen99

sgreen99
          • Site Supporter
          • 187 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by KCDawn 

I LOVE your monogram!! Great job on it!  I haven't attempted ours yet.  Did it take you a long time to do?

Not really, I actually have about four inceptions of the monogram, I just played around until I loved it.  I swear Photoshop makes things 1000 times easier though too!  I used to used publisher, and I think that could work quite well too if you do not know PS.

#16 sgreen99

sgreen99
            • Site Supporter
            • 187 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

This is giong to be the next thing I tackle:  il_fullxfull_144791620.jpg

#17 Norma83

Norma83
              • 173 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

I love your vintage themed ideas!  Especially the card box and frames.  Everthing looks great!

#18 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
                • 923 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

I love your vintage look! I'm going to follow your planning closely because we have similar taste! Is Jysk a Canada store? I've been searching for a treasure chest for sooo long! I also have had my eye out at the local dollar trees for picture frames with that baroque styling. Nothing great yet :( I really think your STD should be featured on a blog. I super love that photo and your colors! 

#19 justineheart

justineheart
                  • 24 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

i absolutely love your decorations and theme! great job so far!

#20 sgreen99

sgreen99
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 187 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hey gals who were looking to use my logo, I know most are not versed in Photoshop, so I took out all of my personalization, and I think if you save this as a photo, and then open in a word doc, you should be able to use Word Art to put wrapping text up above, and then add your names/date with text boxes pretty easily.   For anyone that wanted to know, the cursive (Scriptina Pro)I am using can be downloaded here:  Logo for BDWjpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users