Jump to content

Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread


  • Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#751 khunt29

khunt29
  • Jr. Member
  • 351 posts

    Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

    Originally Posted by kitkat863 

    I bet that you won't pay the day fee for the photographer...mine came 2 days and I didn't pay for either day even though she quoted me that price before I arrived there. I wouldn't stress too much about it!


    Ok, thanks!  It was a shock to get the invoice with all the add-ons :)

    We have 40 people coming, can I ask you- did you spend the extra cost to increase the wedding cake and cocktail hour appetizers?  I know the divine pkg includes up to 25 ppl only, I just wonder if it's worthwhile to increase those things- especially the cake, when everyone gets dessert already!

     

    Thanks!

    Kristen



    #752 khunt29

    khunt29
    • Jr. Member
    • 351 posts

      Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

      Originally Posted by Vika 

      wow i feel like the costs are adding up! and there are so many that I never even thought of :(


      same with us!  Our $2999 wedding pkg jumped to $5351.88!  We need to do some serious re-evaluating of some things.  But a few things for us are non-negotiable.  For example, we wanto to extend our reception by one hour, as we think 3hrs is just too short- $15pp, so that's an addit'l $570.00.  $868.00 for the extra 15 ppl we have for the dinner. and on and on.....sigh.  can't complain, still cheaper than doing it at home!



      #753 shannonmarie

      shannonmarie
      • Member
      • 683 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
      • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

      Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

      How did you get an invoice? I haven't even talked to Pilar since January when I gave her our deposit. Is this something I need?


      62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


      #754 khunt29

      khunt29
      • Jr. Member
      • 351 posts

        Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

        Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

        How did you get an invoice? I haven't even talked to Pilar since January when I gave her our deposit. Is this something I need?


        Have you completed the "Wedding Planning Form" yet? It was like an 8-10 pg document, where you detail everything on it. I'll attach mine here, so you can see what I mean...after I sent it to Pilar, she replied with the answers to the questions I asked, and then attached the invoice as a pdf.  We received this planning form from our wedding planner at Blue Petal, not from Pilar.

         

         

         

         

        Attached Files



        #755 khunt29

        khunt29
        • Jr. Member
        • 351 posts

          Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

          whoops, looks like we can't download attachments on here?  if you want to see it, inbox me your email and I will share :)
           



          #756 bmelko

          bmelko
          • Site Supporter
          • 92 posts

            Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

            Originally Posted by khunt29 


            We just received an email from Pilar- $350.00 surcharge to use outside flowers :(   I think I might use my bouquet in the Divine pkg and get my girls to carry parasols? 

            I'm bringing my own flowers... sooo much cheaper.  I hate the idea of spending a ton of money on the flowers.  This way I can have the bouquets look they way I want them to down to the smallest detail.  They're around $10/bouquet.  Mine will probably be slightly more money, though. 



            #757 kleelee

            kleelee
            • Newbie
            • 5 posts

              Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

              Who are you using? How much is the fee to go off the resort for flowers???
               



              #758 khunt29

              khunt29
              • Jr. Member
              • 351 posts

                Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

                Originally Posted by bmelko 

                I'm bringing my own flowers... sooo much cheaper.  I hate the idea of spending a ton of money on the flowers.  This way I can have the bouquets look they way I want them to down to the smallest detail.  They're around $10/bouquet.  Mine will probably be slightly more money, though. 


                I am thinking about that too, just worried about them getting ruined in the luggage!



                #759 shannonmarie

                shannonmarie
                • Member
                • 683 posts
                • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
                • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

                Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

                Originally Posted by khunt29 


                Have you completed the "Wedding Planning Form" yet? It was like an 8-10 pg document, where you detail everything on it. I'll attach mine here, so you can see what I mean...after I sent it to Pilar, she replied with the answers to the questions I asked, and then attached the invoice as a pdf.  We received this planning form from our wedding planner at Blue Petal, not from Pilar.

                 

                 

                 

                 

                Thank You Kristen! I did get that planning form but I did not realize I needed to go ahead and send it back to her already! I've started filling it out but I'm not sure of all the details! I'm so stressed with not knowing how many guest we will have! It can be anywhere from 20-50 and that's such a wide range. I'm hoping for no more than 40 bc the price gets pretty high!! Do you think I should fill it out the best I can and send it or it it ok to wait?

                Attached Files


                62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


                #760 shannonmarie

                shannonmarie
                • Member
                • 683 posts
                • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
                • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

                Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

                Originally Posted by khunt29 

                whoops, looks like we can't download attachments on here?  if you want to see it, inbox me your email and I will share :)
                 

                I saw it! Thanks!


                62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!





                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users