Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#2401 Carolzinha18

Carolzinha18
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Any recommendation on the cold & hot appetizers for the cocktail hours?

Thank you so much!!

#2402 Mlite83

Mlite83
    • 384 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

I notice that many of the complaints are similar and after being at the resort recently I honestly think some people just repeat common issues in hopes that they get something in return. One review I read shortly after returning from our trip in February I noticed had the same travel dates as me yet had so many (BS) complaints. Things that neither we nor our 35 guests agreed with. So perhaps instead of a grain of salt you might need a bit more... ;)

#2403 ironman

ironman
      • 320 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Carolzinha18 

Any recommendation on the cold & hot appetizers for the cocktail hours?

Thank you so much!!

I haven't been there myself yet, but a friend who attended a wedding at the NJ in January recommended the quesadillas.

#2404 Carolzinha18

Carolzinha18
        • 17 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Do you guys know if they allow confetti after the ceremony?

#2405 kmlane13

kmlane13
          • 42 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by ironman 

Does anyone else read Trip Advisor reviews and freak out a little? I know we obviously all want for our guests to have a relaxing, wonderful vacation, but some of the recent posts on there make me nervous (like about NJ being overbooked, and them sending guests to stay at other associated properties instead, as well as a ton of issues with other things). Ahhhh

Are they reviews you read recent dates? I noticed there were a lot of complaints about ants, etc... but they were from 2010. I'm wondering if some of those issues have been addressed (as much as they possibly can be).  Also, they do say that people are more likely to write a review when they are unhappy, rather than when they were happy! I hope this eases your mind a bit, I'm sure we are all going to have an amazing time and beautiful weddings!

#2406 kitkat863

kitkat863
            • 243 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by EmmA1025 

hi Tlseege

can you tell me what you think the difference is between dean sanderson and gonzano nunez and their style of phtography? Again i do love both of their work but not sure which one to go with since im really not aware of different types of photpgraphy. thanks

I used Gonzalo Nunez and he was absolutely amazing!! Let me know if you have any questions regarding him or his work...he was the best decision I made regarding the wedding!

#2407 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
              • 683 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
              • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

This is off topic since it has nothing with the resort, but wanted to share that I did my boudoir shoot on Saturday and received my photos yesterday! I am so happy I did it. They came out great and are very tasteful. Can't wait to make them into his "little black book" to be delivered to him the morning of the wedding. If your hesitant about doing them, I say go for it. It was a huge confidence booster for myself too! My one recommendation is to get your make up professionally done. I got mine done at MAC, you have to buy $50 worth of make up for them to do it and I needed to stock up on some make up anyways so it worked perfect. I had them focus on my eyes and they came out wonderful in the pictures! Thank You Tova for your words of advice, you were so right! :)

We also moved into our new house over the weekend and we are trying to get settled in. This past few days has been non-stop! My goodness. But now it's time to focus on wedding stuff again! Sunday was our 2 month mark! According to my countdown on my phone, we are 59 days, 6 hours and 13 minutes away.... But who's counting?! LOL ;-)

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#2408 hortonk

hortonk
              • 87 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by ironman 

Does anyone else read Trip Advisor reviews and freak out a little? I know we obviously all want for our guests to have a relaxing, wonderful vacation, but some of the recent posts on there make me nervous (like about NJ being overbooked, and them sending guests to stay at other associated properties instead, as well as a ton of issues with other things). Ahhhh

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

I cringe every time I see a 1 or star posting on trip advisor.  I try to read these with a grain of salt, but when there's consistency in the types of complaints being written, I become very worried, but also happy that we will only be there for 4 nights.

Per a conversation with my TA regarding the over booking issue, she did confirm that it happens (and not just at Now Jade) and can be an issue but only for those who book independently through sites like hotels.com, orbitz.com etc. since the reservations are being made at that instant, but there is a delay in reconciling these reservations directly with the resorts.  This is the benefit of having a room block or booking directly with a resort since it's truly the only 100% guaranteed reservation.  It would be nice if they notified prior to arrival, but they don’t for whatever reason.

Hi ladies! I am a travel agent and over booking happens everywhere. Flights, resort, tours, etc. Companies assume they will have no shows and it is a way of making some extra money. My biggest reccomendation would be to ensure that you have a group booking with the hotel. That way, if the hotel is oversold, the resort will not bump anyone from your group. If you all book individualy you have a risk of being bumbed... As for the bad reviews, some people are just so difficult to please, you can never please everyone! I have been to this resort twice within the last year and have loved it each time. I have also sent clients to this resort and have had minimal complaints. Dont worry ladies, everything will be great!

#2409 Susannah

Susannah
                • 58 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by annettea1021 

thats so exciting!! CONGRATS & good luck!! I cant wait to see your updates when you get back!!! :)

Thank you so much :))))

It is only the 2 of us heading over to Mexico, so dont have any worries about guests etc, but we are so looking forward to having some alone time with each other, it feels like its been so long!

Then we get to come home and celebrate with family & friends

#2410 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
                  • 955 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

Shannon,

I was just thinking about you and wondering how your BD shoot went.  Glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience and that you were happy with your pics.   Good call with MAC, this is definitely a good option if hair and makeup isn’t included in BD package

I still can’t decide when I want to present them.  I’m either think during the first look or on our wedding night.  Either way, I really want to be there and witness his reaction first hand.

And Congrats on your new home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users